b1/b2 visa

saldi

Registered Users (C)
Hi,a person who had an approved i140,and was refused the visa at the consulate way back in 2001,what are his chances in getting a b1/b2 visa at this time,and if he mentions no to the question has anyone ever applied for a petiton on your behalf,will there be a record after so many years,really confused.he wants to visit the US,for a holiday,plz help him out,and advice him,as to how to get about getting a visit visa.:confused:

Never lie to US immigration on a sworn document.

Does this pperson have no moral and ethical standards? Why would you have someone who thinks lying is OK as a friend?

thanxs for your reply,so you think i should just tell him to tell the truth,even though he has less chances of getting a visa,co'z initially his intent was to immigrate,hey,i was just concerned,i didn,t ask him to lie.i just want someones opinion,as to what are his chances of getting a visa.he has no intention of overstaying,he just want's to go for a holiday.

Hi,just u quick question,for how long does us consulates keep records forb1/b2 appliocations,also immigrant visa applications,which have been denied.response is appreciated.

hi,i am asking these questions on behalf of a friend,the fact is he wants to visit the us,to visit old friends and enjoy the holiday,will be upset if he is denied a visa,in your opinion what are his chances,he is not going to lie,he will be truthful,will mention about the petition too,he is financially very sound,genuinely going for a holiday,should he apply alone,or with his family?any valuable feedback from anyone will be highly appreciated.
regards
saldi

It all depends on where he lives, what passport he holds, how well documented his home ties are, etc.

in your opinion what are his chances,he is not going to lie,he will be truthful,will mention about the petition too,he is financially very sound,genuinely going for a holiday,should he apply alone,or with his family?

Hi,thanxs triple citizen for your prompt reply,he is from sri lanka,hi holds a sri lankan passport,also a oci holder,has a running business,has a few deeds in his name,does not no whom to get legal advice,you are the legal adviser at this time,plz try and give some feedback,does not want areject stamp,low in self esteem right now,

visa to USA

Hi,Does a canadian citizen need a visa to travel to the US,if he or she is travelling from another country,on a canadian passport

solving problems

Hi,what problems,were you able to solve,i haven,t solved my problem yet,my question is if an immigrant visa has been revoked before,what are the chances of that person getting a b1/b2 visa.for how long does the consulates keep records of previous denials etc?

hey,thanxs for the info,is it the same with immigrant visa?even if the petition is revoked and no stamp on the passport etc.

does a canadian citizen need a work permit to work in the US?can someone plz explain what the procedure is,and how to get about?

Yes.
Read up on TN status. Canadian can also work under H and L visas.

You posted in the wrong sub-forum by the way.

does a canadian citizen need a work permit to work in the US?can someone plz explain what the procedure is,and how to get about?