B1/B2 Refusal under section 221g

fisher777

Greetings, everyone! I applied for a B1/B2 visa to visit my brother in the United States, intending to travel for family purposes and tourism for a two-week period. During my embassy interview, the consul inquired about the purpose of my trip, to which I responded that I planned to visit my brother. Unfortunately, I received a refusal under section 221(g). The consul provided me with a paper (attached) containing a link to electronically upload additional documents, specifically under the category of Administrative Processing Documents. Upon returning home, I accessed the link to review the required additional information, which includes the following:

USE THIS SUBJECT LINE: V44 - REQUESTED DOCUMENT -

YOUR FULL NAME
Last Name
First Name
Visa Application Number/Barcode Number (starts with AA00)
Passport number
Interview appointment date

ATTACH:

Include the following information and attachments as a PDF (maximum size 1.5 MB each)

- Résumé / curriculum vitae
- Invitation or offer letter from U.S. host organization, university, or employer
- Complete itinerary to, from, and within the U.S., including all meetings and conferences
- List of all publications and/or patents as well as an abstract of any paper or poster to be presented
- Information regarding sources of funding for your work/research and travel
- Use a file name that clearly identifies the document you are sending (example: CV -- YOUR LAST NAME)

The requested documents does not align with the purpose of my trip, as I am traveling as a tourist to visit my brother, not to attend an event or conference. Can anyone advise on which documents I should upload in this situation?

It is important to mention that during my interview, I had the following documents with me, although the consular officer did not request them:

- Marriage certificate
- Bank statement
- Employer letter

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240318_181155_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240318_181155_Gallery.jpg
    909.1 KB · Views: 2
Hello. It’s very interesting how you will solve this problem, because as far as I remember, if you do not correctly indicate the essence of the trip, then you will not only not be allowed to enter, but also this opportunity will be blocked for several years. But be sure to clarify this information, because if this is so, then it’s easier for your brother to come to you than for you.

Did you get any updates on your application? I am kinda in a similar situation.
Hello. It’s very interesting how you will solve this problem, because as far as I remember, if you do not correctly indicate the essence of the trip, then you will not only not be allowed to enter, but also this opportunity will be blocked for several years. But be sure to clarify this information, because if this is so, then it’s easier for your brother to come to you than for you.
Hello,

2 weeks ago I sent the the following information:
  1. Curriculum Vitae (CV): Providing a detailed description of my educational and professional background. This document outlines my employment history and academic qualifications, affirming my strong ties to my home country.
  2. Complete Itinerary: I have included a comprehensive itinerary for my two-week visit, detailing my plans to visit tourist attractions and the time I intend to spend with my brother. This document includes the addresses and dates of our planned activities together.
  3. Bank Statement & source of funding (2 documents)
  4. Employer Letter
  5. Marriage certificate

Still waiting for an answer.