B1/b2 married in usa//questions

jsj_297

My girlfriend for over 15 years just came to usa in early july 2011 on a b1/b2 visa. Married her on august 5, 2011.
I recently sent an i-130 to chicago, got the e verification, and just got the 797 reciept today.
Im currently 90-95% complete with her i-485 & all other related documents to file with it, 864,693,765......
Im still awaiting her translated birth certificate, vaccination list, and my IRS returns/w2's which i just requested online yesterday. She is 30 female from beirut, lebanon.

My questions are this, her i-94 expires january 2, 2012, and from what i understand and have researched it takes 2-6 months to process the i-130 at califonia facility alone. And god only knows how long the 485 will take right??

Once i have a case open with cis, does this automatically extend her stay legally in the usa until the 485 is either
Approved or denied? Or do i have to file a 539 extension still? And if so, what should i put as her reason for
Extension?? Is there a different letter to change her status to? Like a "V" maybe? I am a US born citizen by the way.

Once an immigration petition is filed the non-immigrant visa status get automatically extended for 1 year or until the case results are released.

As long as the I-485/I-130 combo is submitted and received by USCIS before her I-94 expires, she can legally stay until it (AOS) is adjudicated. No need to file I-539. Please ignore what Hazelickes has posted. That is incorrect.

Once i have a case open with cis, does this automatically extend her stay legally in the usa until the 485 is either
Approved or denied? Or do i have to file a 539 extension still? And if so, what should i put as her reason for
Extension?? Is there a different letter to change her status to? Like a "V" maybe? I am a US born citizen by the way.