B1/B2(Conference) to F2 COS

MatrixDecoder

I am on F-1 visa in USA doing my PhD. My gf came to US on B1/B2 visa 2 months ago to attend a conference where her research paper is published. Her travel and other cost is sponsored by Higher education commission of our country of origin. Suddenly we decided to get married. We want to apply for her F-2 visa right after marriage. I have few concerns:
1) When should we marry? (I have heard its better to get married after 90 days of her B1/B2 stay)
2) Would it be straight forward to change her status from B1/B2 to F2 OR USCIS can object?

(Note! She already visited on B1/B2 to attend a conference 3 years ago as well and went back to home country. We didn't know each other at that time)

A1: Yes it is better to wait 90 days

A2: Should be straight forward to COS. Or she can leave and re-enter with an F-2 visa.

1) When should we marry? (I have heard its better to get married after 90 days of her B1/B2 stay)
2) Would it be straight forward to change her status from B1/B2 to F2 OR USCIS can object?

Hi Mr. Saif
Thanks a lot for your quick and to the point response.
1) I was just curious if USCIS can object on the basis of "she is visiting US for presenting a paper in conference" (I mean does it make any difference for change of status if you are on B1/B2 to attend a conference vs. business/pleasure trip?)
2) Secondly, She is being funded by Higher education Commission (HEC) (Does it make any difference if she was self/family funded vs. Govt funded?)

Thanks a lot

A1: If the USCIS wants to object, they do not need a reason. They can deny any visitor entry to the US if they want to.
A2: Should not be a variable

1) I was just curious if USCIS can object on the basis of "she is visiting US for presenting a paper in conference" (I mean does it make any difference for change of status if you are on B1/B2 to attend a conference vs. business/pleasure trip?)
2) Secondly, She is being funded by Higher education Commission (HEC) (Does it make any difference if she was self/family funded vs. Govt funded?)