B1/B2 and L2 simultaneously?

Manju80

Registered Users (C)
Hello, I have a valid 10-year B1/B2 visa given by my company. I have used it 3 times, twice for business and once for tourism. I may have to go for L2 stamping. Will my existing 10-year B1/B2 visa get cancelled if I get my L2 stamped? Can I explicitly request the visa officer not to cancel my 10-year B1/B2 visa during my interview? Please help. Thanks

Hello, I have a valid 10-year B1/B2 visa given by my company. I have used it 3 times, twice for business and once for tourism. I may have to go for L2 stamping. Will my existing 10-year B1/B2 visa get cancelled if I get my L2 stamped? Can I explicitly request the visa officer not to cancel my 10-year B1/B2 visa during my interview? Please help. Thanks

No need to worry. Your B1/B2 visa will NOT be cancelled and you can have both B1/B2 and L2 stamps in the passport. At the PoE, you might have to indicate to the IO under what category you are entering so that you get the appropriate duration on the I-94.

I had the same situation and got L1 stamp while holding 10 year B1/B2 visa.

So relax. Nothing to worry.

Thanks

Thanks a lot! I'm glad I found someone who was in the same boat. Thanks again for your help.