B visa for my mother with changed marrital status

aghalam

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,

My mother wants to apply for B visa from US consulate in Dubai, she is an Iranian citizen, both her children are in US with green card. She has been granted B visa(with/without my father) in the past 9 years for several times, last time being the last summer along with my father. After their last visit, my father passed away and now her marrital status has changed. I am afraid that if her new status is mentioned in the forms (DS-156), the consul has enough reason to reject her. I would like to have your thoughts on this situation.

Thanks,aghalam

Firstly, sorry for your loss.
Secondly, your mother has no choice but to mention her marital status as "widow". She seems to have had success overcoming 214(b) in the past, so why not now?

After their last visit, my father passed away and now her marrital status has changed. I am afraid that if her new status is mentioned in the forms (DS-156), the consul has enough reason to reject her. I would like to have your thoughts on this situation.

Thanks alot for your reply! Actually I am not sure what you meant by 214(b), could you please explain?

Thanks,aghalam

Every visitor visa applicant by statute is considered a potential immigrant until he/she convinces the consul otherwise. Successfully doing that means the applicant overcame 214(b).

Actually I am not sure what you meant by 214(b), could you please explain?