B visa + extension ?

walt28

Hello, i am a Romanian citizen ( Romania is not in the visa waver program , yet ) and i have family living in the US for 30+ years now ( uncle + aunt and cousins so no chance of getting a family based visa) , recently they have been going through some tough times and i want to help them open a business and show them how to run it and here lies the problem:
I want to help them out open a business and make a living for them self but at the same time i need to show them how to run it and keep it going ( this will be hard for me to been in a different country then what i`m use to with different laws and stuff but at least i know what i must do and how it needs to be done, i want to make sure my investment does not just evaporate ) so i wold want to stay in the US for at least 1 year to make sure everything is going good before i let them take full control over it.
Is the B visa good for what i intend to do ?, is it possible to get a stay extension so i can spend at lest 1 year in the US ? , if so please advise me on how i should proceed to make things as easy as possible .
I have never been in the US before and do not have any restrictions in any country in the world.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this and for your eventual reply (i`l check the forum daily in case you need more info from me, let me know).

I was thinking of a B1 since this will allow me to sign contracts and rent property for the business... but it does not let me manage the business ( bummer , it was exactly what i was looking for ) , i could just do everything directly on my cousins name but in this case i will need another form of visa to allow me to stay there for at least 1 year.

The investor visa you suggested is great but it has one major flaw :
Required minimum investments are:
General. The minimum qualifying investment in the United States is $1 million.
Targeted Employment Area (High Unemployment or Rural Area). The minimum qualifying investment either within a high-unemployment area or rural area in the United States is $500,000.

I`m looking to invest but not this much , so i`m still looking for a visa to suit my needs ( i`m not sure if i should contact a immigration lawyer or is it just a waste of money )