[B]To Hadron and others…please clarify..[/B]

Dr.B.

Registered Users (C)
To Hadron and others…please clarify..
I recently received my DOS case #.
My DS 2019 exp date is 06/2007.
My local DPH has not applied yet for my J1 waiver.
Q1: In the context of the current situation, can I cross the border with Canada(I am Canadian citizen…dreaming about vacation ), w/o causing any immigration problems.
Q2:Would you please share with me the future of my( and my wife’s) travels , during the J1 waiver process.
Many thanks
:)

despite the validity date on your ds2019, to reenter the us after crossing any US border, you need to have a valid visa, J1 visa in your case.

Please clarify

Thanks BHoray.

1.By being in the early stage of J1 waiver(obtained case #),do I need anything else ,other then valid DS2019,to re-enter US?

2. What is the travel procedure, during the later stages of the J1 waiver?
Thanks

Dr.B. said:
Thanks BHoray.

1.By being in the early stage of J1 waiver(obtained case #),do I need anything else ,other then valid DS2019,to re-enter US?

Nothing has changed during waiver process. You just travel as usual. After J1 waiver approval, you need to apply for change of status. Until then, nothing is changed.
Dr.B. said:
2. What is the travel procedure, during the later stages of the J1 waiver?
Thanks
If you mean after waiver is approved and you get H1B? you get H1B stamped, in your case, you can do that on entry point when you enter to USA from Canada, land or air.

IMG,
does that apply only to canadians?
I assume every one else has to obtain a an H1B visa "stamp" from an em-bass in the country they are visiting before departing from the US.I understand that if you dont leave the country then you dont need the stamp.
Please clarify :confused:

olaosunt said:
IMG,
does that apply only to canadians?
I assume every one else has to obtain a an H1B visa "stamp" from an em-bass in the country they are visiting before departing from the US.
Please clarify :confused:

It may applies to others also. You have to check. The logic is that if you donot need visa to visit USA then this might apply to you.

One thing is for sure, if you need visa to visit USA then you need H1-B Visa "stamp" from US embassy. Since this is US Embassy, it will be outside USA. I'm not sure what do you mean by " before departing from the US." I'm not sure they would insist to have "stamping" done in your home country even if you're visiting another country and returning to USA without going to your home country.
olaosunt said:
I understand that if you dont leave the country then you dont need the stamp.
You're correct. You just do change of status. And this will processed, if you apply, along with your H1B petition.

Last edited by a moderator: