[b]need Help[/b]

haoyun04

Registered Users (C)
EAD nenew was sent out last Dec, 2005. Spouse Did not receive EADcard up to now. Went to local INS office for IEAD, Were notified that EAD was on hold. refused to issue I-EAD

Lawyer inquired several times since Feb 05 about pending EAD still no actual reponse from USCIS. EAD will be expired in the next month. What to do? What to do?

Can some one kindly post some suggestion at this point? I heard some emergency phone list or contact congress man... I think I am just kinda lost and do not know where to start.

Which center for your case? I have the same experience at TSC. My EAD was filed in Dec and was hold since mid Dec. Went to local CIS and they do not issue IEAD because of the hold. The local CIS officer believed it is because I did not put my I140 approval notice in. The officer suggested me to send the 140 approval. I sent the I140 approval notice via Express on Monday. Still waiting. Did a call inquiry in mid March. No reply after 35 days though they said I would get their decision in 30 days. I am also very very anxious since I will travel overseas soon.

Tsc

TSC too.

Lawyer sent everything in one package, I have no problem to get AP and EAD in time, while my spouse only got AP. Still waiting!!!!

Is I140 approval notice necessary for EAD

Does anybody believe that I-140 approve notice is really necessary for EAD? Mine is e-file EAD on Feb 28, 2005 and I think I forgot to put an I-140 approve notice in the supporting doc. Would like to do so immediately.

I appreciate someone can share this experience.

bobby

DawgBoy said:
Which center for your case? I have the same experience at TSC. My EAD was filed in Dec and was hold since mid Dec. Went to local CIS and they do not issue IEAD because of the hold. The local CIS officer believed it is because I did not put my I140 approval notice in. The officer suggested me to send the 140 approval. I sent the I140 approval notice via Express on Monday. Still waiting. Did a call inquiry in mid March. No reply after 35 days though they said I would get their decision in 30 days. I am also very very anxious since I will travel overseas soon.

I think it really depends on which officer reviews your case. I posted my experience before. Like haoyun04, we filed 2 APs and 2 EADs at the same time, but in 4 separate envelopes. All without 140 notice. My AP and spouse' EAD got approved with no problem. Spouse' AP got RFE for 140. After sending 140 copy, got AP soon. But my EAD was hold for so long. I am the primary applicant.

Here is a quote from VSC updates in Jan. 2003. I think this may tell us the reason of hold. I my case, I guess the officer went to other file to find the info and my application is out of the pipeline. Once the application out of pipeline, on one knows when it will be picked again. The only suggestion CIS gave was to call and let them know. I did, but no use so far.

When a case such as an I-765 has been pending for a long period of time.

When a case such as an I-765 has been pending for a long period of time and the only information that INS has given is that the office has requested additional information from another office, one should periodically call to check on the status of this case. When this situation has occurred the office is unable to adjudicate the case without information that may be in another file, at another agency, or in another computer system which may not have access to. The only advice that you should follow is to call to let us know that you are still waiting to hear of a final decision on that case, and the office will adjudicate the case as soon as possible.

Haoyun04,

Today TSC posted the new date shows they are working on March 29 cases.

I believe we are in the same boat, probably our cases are in the hand of the same officer. With this kind of long ignored case, does your lawyer suggest to file another I765 application and pay $175 again? I do not know with a pening case, the new application will also go dead like what they did on IEAD. In your renew case, it should be so straightforward to make an approval. Is there any possible reason you lawyer knows why they hold it? I am seriously thinking about refiling. It took only 3 weeks for TSC to make the decision. Compared with the desperation and anxiety I experienced during the past one and half months since my phone inquiry, $175 filing fee is much cheaper.

DawgBoy,

I just got 2 emails this morning that my e-filed EAD (filed on Feb 28,2005 without including approved I-140 notice in the supporting docs) was approved yesterday. So DawgBoy, you are right that wether an approved I-140 notice is necessary really depends on CIS officer.

Good luck to all still waiting for your EADs,
bobby

Dawgboy

DawgBoy said:
Haoyun04,

Today TSC posted the new date shows they are working on March 29 cases.

I believe we are in the same boat, probably our cases are in the hand of the same officer. With this kind of long ignored case, does your lawyer suggest to file another I765 application and pay $175 again? I do not know with a pening case, the new application will also go dead like what they did on IEAD. In your renew case, it should be so straightforward to make an approval. Is there any possible reason you lawyer knows why they hold it? I am seriously thinking about refiling. It took only 3 weeks for TSC to make the decision. Compared with the desperation and anxiety I experienced during the past one and half months since my phone inquiry, $175 filing fee is much cheaper.

My laywer did not suggest me to apply another EAD yet, She only suggested my spouse to go to local office again to find out the hold. At this point, I do not know what kind of hold it is, since my spouse got AP without any problem. BUt I am going to talk with my lawyer about I-140 paper in EAD application.

To DawgBoy

Dawgboy

My spouse arranged INFOPASS and went to local USCIS office this morning. Seems the local USCIS is very helpful this time. It was strange for my spouse's case, since his AP was approved. and his I485 is not on hold. The local officer checked in the systems and did make some phone calls to TSC. It looks like it is an error instead of RFE. Local CIS officer will contact my spouse if she got more updated info from TSC.

Though I am not sure what nature of this problem is, but at least you might try to arrange INFOPASS so some one local can at least tell you what is about. Of course, you might already choose to re-apply the EAD...

I will notify the update later. Good luck to you

Thank you very much, haoyun04.

Finally there is some direct contact with TSC. Hope when they deal with your case, they also find another ignored one sits beside. I used INFOPASS to request the IEAD on Monday, but the officer was not very helpful. The only thing she could find is the "hold" message, and strongly believed it was the missing I140 notice problem. She did not make any phone calls. I still doubt with the I140 thing since I know many cases were approved without 140 notice, especially for the primany applicant.

I appreciate your sharing of the information. Your message makes me feel some light out of the darkness. I may schedule another INFOPASS and hope I can get a more helpful officer.

Haoyun04,

I find another thread in this forum regarding an over one year "hold" on EAD.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=162025

With over one year "hold," I believe it must be an ignored case.

Over there, there are some suggestions and I believe contacting a congressman may be the best way to solve this problem. I already make a phone call to the congressman in my district with an "emergency" mark. I am waiting for his staff in charge immigration issues to reply.

Thanks for your suggestion

Do you just pick any congression man in your area? Does it matter he/she is Replican or Democatic?

Thanks!

Haoyun04,

Just talked with congressman immigration staff over the phone. She could help me find the reason for "hold." I think congressman office should be very helpful. Worth a try.

I find the congressman name and contact information from Google. From there I do not find the R or D information. I believe call the office is better than send email

Dawgboy, Let us keep in touch for the updates

Hi Dawgboy, Just wonder whether you get any positive response yet? I am still eagerly waiting any response from local CIS...

let us keep each other informed..

Called congressman assistant again in the morning. She told me that she would call TSC today and probably learn the reason for "hold" tomorrow. I am still waiting. Send a private message also.

Got response

Dawgboy,

I finally got some response from local CIS officer, that TSC put on hold for I-765 case because it was handed in "too early". EAD expire on May 20 2005, while EAD was renewed on Dec 1, 2004. (almost 6 months).They put on hold to process it later. Since there is no reason code applied, the case looked strange, so I guess that is the reason that no one in TSC can reply the case status easily so they just leave the inquiry unanswered. I hope my spouse can get the EAD card very soon.

Hopy you get yours very soon too. Keep contacting the congressman.

Good luck!!

Congratulations, haoyun04.

Now you and your spouse can be relieved from the worry. After they pick up your file again, I think they will approve it soon. Did the local CIS officer tell you that the hold is cleared? Or they just approve it immediately. I am still waiting for the outcome of the congressional inquiry. Do not know how long it will take.