[B]Does anybody got PCC from UAE?[/B]

rkreddy

Registered Users (C)
*******Anybody got PCC from UAE?***********

Does anybody know that we need PCC from UAE? Is anybody trying that and if so please do post.

RKReddy

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I got my UAE PCC from Dubai

I got it while I was in USA. Its a very cumbersome process.

For police authorities in UAE(dubai) to issue it they will need your fingerprints and passport copies attested by UAE embassy in Washington.

The fingerprints were obtained at my local police station in new jersey and then they were
(1) notarized by local notary,
(2) then notarized by State of New Jersey notary authority[this step maybe skipped depending on who is doing notary in step (1) above]
(3) And Final attestation was done by the US Dept of State(Washington).

(Pls Note the notarization process has to be done in this sequence only)

After which the documents were sent to UAE embassy in washington and they were attested and sent back to me.

These documents were then forwarded to dubai Police HQ (thro my friends). They obtained the PCC and sent it back to me which saved me the trouble of interacting directly with dubai police/visit to dubai. If you don't have anybody there you can send the info thro mail to dubai police (they do have the info "for getting PCC from outside UAE" on their website www.dubaipolice.gov.ae)

Hope this helps.

Good luck.
<-------Excerpt from Dubai Police Website ------------->

Documents required

Dubai Police General H.Q

Application For A Good Conduct Certificate

Personal Details to be Provided by Applicants.

1. Full Name

2. Nationality

3. Passport No

4. Date & Place of Issue

5. Date & Place of Birth

6. Occupation

7. Required by (name of the country)

8. Address

9. P.O.Box

10. Tel

11. Fax

12. Email Address

Genral Requirements To Apply For A Good Conduct

Certificate, From Abroad.

1. Photocopy of Applicant's Passport (a clear, black and white copy), to indicate the details of his U.A.E residence visas and the total period of his stay in United Arab Emirates.

2. Two Passport size, Personal Photographs.

3. Record of his complete Finger-Prints, taken by an authorized agency and duly attested by the U.A.E Embassy.

4. An amount of A.E.D. 100/- cash, or Bank Draft of U.S. $ 30/-, favouring Dubai Police General H/Q., towards the Good Conduct Certificate Fee.

For any further information please contact us at the following address :

P.O.Box : 1493 Dubai - U.A.E. C.I.D.

Tel : 00971-4-201 3564

<------------ >

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Yes I got my UAE PCC from Dubai

Bzee,

Thanks for the info.

1. How long did the whole process took.
2. I do not have anybody in Dubai now and if I mail these documents how soon can I get?
3. My old passport with the dubai Visa's got expaired and I got a new passport, so how do we go about it with no visa on a new passport?

Your inputs is greatly appreciated. You can give me your personal email, so that I can call you and be in touch.

Thanks
RKReddy

Originally posted by bzee
I got it while I was in USA. Its a very cumbersome process.

For police authorities in UAE(dubai) to issue it they will need your fingerprints and passport copies attested by UAE embassy in Washington.

The fingerprints were obtained at my local police station in new jersey and then they were
(1) notarized by local notary,
(2) then notarized by State of New Jersey notary authority[this step maybe skipped depending on who is doing notary in step (1) above]
(3) And Final attestation was done by the US Dept of State(Washington).

(Pls Note the notarization process has to be done in this sequence only)

After which the documents were sent to UAE embassy in washington and they were attested and sent back to me.

These documents were then forwarded to dubai Police HQ (thro my friends). They obtained the PCC and sent it back to me which saved me the trouble of interacting directly with dubai police/visit to dubai. If you don't have anybody there you can send the info thro mail to dubai police (they do have the info "for getting PCC from outside UAE" on their website www.dubaipolice.gov.ae)

Hope this helps.

Good luck.
<-------Excerpt from Dubai Police Website ------------->

Documents required

Dubai Police General H.Q

Application For A Good Conduct Certificate

Personal Details to be Provided by Applicants.

1. Full Name

2. Nationality

3. Passport No

4. Date & Place of Issue

5. Date & Place of Birth

6. Occupation

7. Required by (name of the country)

8. Address

9. P.O.Box

10. Tel

11. Fax

12. Email Address

Genral Requirements To Apply For A Good Conduct

Certificate, From Abroad.

1. Photocopy of Applicant's Passport (a clear, black and white copy), to indicate the details of his U.A.E residence visas and the total period of his stay in United Arab Emirates.

2. Two Passport size, Personal Photographs.

3. Record of his complete Finger-Prints, taken by an authorized agency and duly attested by the U.A.E Embassy.

4. An amount of A.E.D. 100/- cash, or Bank Draft of U.S. $ 30/-, favouring Dubai Police General H/Q., towards the Good Conduct Certificate Fee.

For any further information please contact us at the following address :

P.O.Box : 1493 Dubai - U.A.E. C.I.D.

Tel : 00971-4-201 3564

<------------ >

Urgent! Urgent! Anybody got UAE PCC.

Is there anybody in the same boat. Pleaes reply ASAP.

Thanks
RKReddy

Originally posted by rkreddy
Bzee,

Thanks for the info.

1. How long did the whole process took.
2. I do not have anybody in Dubai now and if I mail these documents how soon can I get?
3. My old passport with the dubai Visa's got expaired and I got a new passport, so how do we go about it with no visa on a new passport?

Your inputs is greatly appreciated. You can give me your personal email, so that I can call you and be in touch.

Thanks
RKReddy

Hi ..I have a similar issue

Hello
I guess i might have a similar issue..I am in Saudi Arabia for the last 6 months and have my interview schduled next month.

At the time of filing my P3 ,I had spent around 3 months here.Also I have mentioned my saudi address as the present address in the form.

Will I need to get a PCC from local authorities??...I have already obtained a PCC from Indian Consulate here.Will that not be enough?

I would appreciate if someone could clarify so as I can initiate the process,if I have to.

Thanks!!

Could someone please reply how long it takes to get PCC from UAE?
Let me tell you my scenario. My wife worked in UAE for 8 months from 0/01 to 0/08. Before she left she got a PCC from Dubai and since then being living in the U.S.
If i go for CP i will require a PCC from dubai right?

Is the PCC she acquired before she left acceptable ? or is it considered expired?
Even though she lived there only 8 months and got her PCC before leaving?

I have also read the DSL-1083 and it says and i quote

http://www.foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09fam/0942063X11.pdf

"Police certificates are required from every visa appliant aged 16 years or over for each locality of the country of the applicant's nationality or curren residence where the applicant has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of sixteen. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the a pplicant has resided for at least one year "

Thus correct me if i am wrong. If my wife is indian and currently resides in the U.S and has resided in the UAE for 8 months she is not required to show a PCC from the UAE?

Thanks for your time

Hi ddagsyn,

>>>>>>>Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year ">>>>>>>>
According to the above statement U r right, there is no need for PCC if the person has just lived less than 1 year

And also >>>>>>>>"Police certificates are required from every visa appliant aged 16 years or over for each locality of the country of the applicant's nationality or curren residence where the applicant has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of sixteen.">>>>>>>>>
This applies only to the appliant's nationality.

So looks like u don't have to get the PCC from Dubai. I lived in Abu Dhabi for five years and I am in process of getting the PCC.Anybody from the forum can correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks
RkReddy

Originally posted by ddagsyn
Could someone please reply how long it takes to get PCC from UAE?
Let me tell you my scenario. My wife worked in UAE for 8 months from 0/01 to 0/08. Before she left she got a PCC from Dubai and since then being living in the U.S.
If i go for CP i will require a PCC from dubai right?

Is the PCC she acquired before she left acceptable ? or is it considered expired?
Even though she lived there only 8 months and got her PCC before leaving?

I have also read the DSL-1083 and it says and i quote

http://www.foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09fam/0942063X11.pdf

"Police certificates are required from every visa appliant aged 16 years or over for each locality of the country of the applicant's nationality or curren residence where the applicant has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of sixteen. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the a pplicant has resided for at least one year "

Thus correct me if i am wrong. If my wife is indian and currently resides in the U.S and has resided in the UAE for 8 months she is not required to show a PCC from the UAE?

Thanks for your time

hi
Did you apply for yours. If you don't know how here is the procedure i called the embassy

Go to your police station local and get finger prints done.
Send prints To us State deptarmnet of authentication number is 202 647 5002. After you get them authenticated. Email is aoprgsmauth@state.gov

Call UAE emabassy at 202 243 2416 . They told me it takes 3 days from them.

Hi ddagsyn,

Thanks for the info. I already send my finger prints to UAE embassy for attestation.

My question is do we have to mail our passport photocopies to UAE embassy for attestation. My understanding is just send the finger prints for attestation after the authentification from Dept of State in Washington. I talked to the person in UAE embassy in regarding to sending the passport copies for attestation and he said not to and only the finger prints for attestation. Is it true?

Thanks
RKReddy

hi
Did you apply for yours. If you don't know how here is the procedure i called the embassy

Go to your police station local and get finger prints done.
Send prints To us State deptarmnet of authentication number is 202 647 5002. After you get them authenticated. Email is aoprgsmauth@state.gov

Call UAE emabassy at 202 243 2416 . They told me it takes 3 days from them.

yes you are correct. How long did the state department take to get back with you. Also how long does the uae embassy take?
thanks

Hi ddagsyn,

I sent my doc's to my friend who is in Washington DC. For authentication from Dept of State it took less 1/2 hour and then he personnally gave it to UAE embassy for which they asked him to come back next day to pick up.

Thanks
RKReddy

yes you are correct. How long did the state department take to get back with you. Also how long does the uae embassy take?
thanks

Friends,

You do not need pcc from UAE. Certain countries do not isse pcc and UAE is one of them. Call NVC and they will tell you the same.:) :) :)

hi
thanks for your reply. Please click the link above in my first post and tell me what you think UAE is not on the list

Good news if correct!

Hi gcrita,

That will be great news if this is correct. Can we get some kind of written proof so that we can show at the consulate that PCC from UAE is not required as per NVC. The link below does not list UAE as not available.

http://www.foia.state.gov/masterdoc.../0942063X11.pdf

We cannot say to Consulate at the time of interview that NVC has verbally told us. Do you have some kind of written communication, if so can u please pass the info, so we can use. We appreciate ur response.

Thanks
RKReddy

Originally posted by gcrita
ddagsyn

call NVC and they will tell you that you do not need pcc from UAE.

I am just trying to tell you my experience. Atleast call NVC and ask them for a written statement.