\'b\' Cannot find case message

vkb

Registered Users (C)
The automated system says case not found. What does it mean ?
Please explain. I checked the message for the first time.
My case details:
PD 8/10/98
I-485 ND 8/18/99
EAC # 99-262-XXXXX
FP 8/3/00

No Title

A "case not found" means one of two things:

a) Your case has not been entered into the voice response system\'s database. The Voice Response System uses a database which is wholly independent of the database that INS uses, and is run by "independent contractors".

b) Based upon my understanding, the procedure involved in updating information in the voice response system\'s database is a "delete" of the previously existing information, followed by an "insert" of the new information. Sometimes, when your information is updated, the "delete" will succeed, but the following "insert" will not.

To sum up, if you get a "case not found" message, and if you are close to something that INS should do (like schedule a fingerprint appointment, or receive an RFE response that you might have sent out), talk to an IIO who can look into INS\'s internal database and give you the status. The internal database is the one that really matters.

Wish you all the best!

No Title

Hi Subhajit,
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I am curious about the
source of your info./conclusions. My case # says \'not found\'
but my wife\'s is there (same ND/RD)! I called an IIO and she checked in a different computer/database(?) and she said that my application \'was there\'. Not sure what that means but I was glad to hear she could locate it. Your explanation dovetails with what I hear, though it is never a good thing to hear that
your \'case is not found\', and one can never rest easy
under such circumstances. Interestingly, my/my wife\'s FPs
request came \'on time\' and together.

mo\'waiting