B/C and fees question

skanuri

Hi,

I am applying GC for my mom. For my birth certificate, I have non-availability and two affidavits from my relatives. Is there anything else I can do.

What are all the current fees for I-130, I-485. I am seeing different numbers in different places. I just read on this site, it is $570 all together. Can you please break it down.

Thanks for your help.

Follow the USCIS website. it says very clearly under Forms and Fees..
I-130 - $185.
I-485 - $315.
Fingerprinting - $70.

For Birth certificate, non availability and 2 affidavits is all you need.

don't forget about the i-131

you never know if you might need it.

if you have a passport just give them a copy of that

if you don't have a passport you may also want to get one to avoid this hassle again.

It may sound a stupid Q but I need to know. May be I am being over cautious but hey where it comes about MONEY, INS doesn't accept any small mistake and will certainly send your packet back.
Do I write check payble to Immigration and Naturalization Services or to US Citizenship and Immigration Services? :p
Also, I believe I have to write seperate check for each forms. Now do I write form # on check to recognize each one??
Boy, its lots of money :eek: All together $725
Thanks

There is no INS..

The Check or moneyorder should be send to "US Citizenship and Immigration Services".

Use a seperate check or MO for each form and write the form no in the bottom of the Check or money Order.

SWaiting said:
There is no INS..

The Check or moneyorder should be send to "US Citizenship and Immigration Services".

Use a seperate check or MO for each form and write the form no in the bottom of the Check or money Order.
Thanks Swaiting. Its clear now.

I've also had this problem before. On some of their forms, they state that checks should be made payable to BCIS, while on others it says US Citizenship and Immigration Services.

some of the forms are old. The fees are wrong. so read it carefully and double check. BCIS or INS are technically not valid but it seems the checks get cashed even if you send to "x y z name". They will still cash it. What they do with your application is a different story...