[B]Atlanta Oath Cermony Date[/B]

shahidsan

Registered Users (C)
Atlanta Oath Cermony Date

Here is my timeline for Atlanta

Interview Date : 1/17/06 (Passed)
Waiting on Oath letter

Please post your Oath letter date here so we can all get an idea how long it is taking for Atlanta

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Shahidisan,

I am not sure why you were not given oath or the letter same day as I have some friends in Atlanta who were given same day oath. Was your case held up for any name check or background check? When he gave you the letter stating that you passed the interview did they check No Decision can be made at this time? If so then you may be looking at a longer wait time.

As far as I know everybody in Atlanta DO gets same/or next day oath unless they are waiting for any clearance in which case you would be given a Decision Cannot Be Made At This Time checked in the letter.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your reply. I did check my N-652, and it says " Congrulations! Your application has been recommended for approval.." In other words the Officier did not say "Decision cannot be made" .

I too was not sure why i was not given a letter of oath for next day, not sure if it was late in the day as it was around 2:45pm when i got done with my interview. I did inquire about the oath, and the Officier told me that the cut-off time for same-day oath was 1:25pm. So she said everything is in order, and that I would get a letter in the mail stating my oath date and time.

I started this thread to see if anyone else is in my boat, and wanted to get an idea about the time frame. From what I am hearing it appears it can be between 2 weeks to a month.

Please let me know if you find out anything otherwise

Same day oath in Atlanta

I had an interview scheduled for 9:45 AM (didn't actually go in until about 10:30 AM) and they had the oath ceremoney at 2:00 PM. They also had an 11:00 AM ceremony but I wasn't finished soon enough. As a result, this pretty much took the whole day (done at 4:30 PM). But that's OK 'cause it's OVER!!!!