B-2 Visa Rejected

dhari1

Registered Users (C)
:confused:

My mother-in-law's visa for a visitor's visa got rejected today at Chennai. This was a straightforward case where all documents were in place (We are Green card holders). The visa was rejected under section 214b... We are really confused at this time. The visa officer simply looked at the documents and rejected her as a potential immigrant despite the fact that her husband and other daughter are still in India. She is employed in the state govt & even had an NOC letter.

Gurus - Can you please tell me what are her chances if she applies again... I hear that if you get rejected once as a potential immigrant, there is a good chance of rejection a second time as well !

Please help !

I am sorry to hear about your MIL's rejection. Her case seem to be straightforward and clear.

I am in a similar boat (both my in-law's visa got rejected last month). Not sure whether Chennai consulate is following a quota or something like that. Things seem to be extremely random..

Good luck

Reapplying

I have reapplied for her visa, I managed to get an interview date in the first week of September. I really wish I knew if there is anything else that can prove ties to India, but it does appear to be totally random, which is really sad.

Can you please let me know how the interview went? My in-laws' interview has been scheduled for the end of Sep.

Good Luck

Ties !!

Hi Dhari1,

Even iam in the similar boat - MIL - Rejected - 214 (B) !!!
I have no clue how to prove "Ties" more effectively than last time.

Note : MIL - Housewife - Has properties /funds on her name - Parents live with her bro's & has sisters too.

I'd appreciate if you can email me @ immidude74@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Immidude74

dhari1 said:
:confused:

My mother-in-law's visa for a visitor's visa got rejected today at Chennai. This was a straightforward case where all documents were in place (We are Green card holders). The visa was rejected under section 214b... We are really confused at this time. The visa officer simply looked at the documents and rejected her as a potential immigrant despite the fact that her husband and other daughter are still in India. She is employed in the state govt & even had an NOC letter.

Gurus - Can you please tell me what are her chances if she applies again... I hear that if you get rejected once as a potential immigrant, there is a good chance of rejection a second time as well !

Please help !

Received visa !

My Mother-in-law applied at the consulate again after being refused the first time under section 214b. the only difference is this time, she requested for a Tamil translator. The same visa officer who rejected her last time granted her a visa this time ! For all of you out there - dont lose hope.. Just because one gets rejected, doesn't automatically reject you for all subsequent attempts. Hang in there, guys.

btw, any idea how long it takes for the passport to come back to the applicant at the Chennai consulate ? :)

Letter to Consulate !!

Hi Dhari1,
First of all - "Congrats"!!!.
I would appreciate if you can explain what documents(additional) u sent the 2nd time.

Also I would appreciate if u can send me the format of the letter for the 2nd time.

My email id is immidude74@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Immidude74

dhari1 said:
My Mother-in-law applied at the consulate again after being refused the first time under section 214b. the only difference is this time, she requested for a Tamil translator. The same visa officer who rejected her last time granted her a visa this time ! For all of you out there - dont lose hope.. Just because one gets rejected, doesn't automatically reject you for all subsequent attempts. Hang in there, guys.

btw, any idea how long it takes for the passport to come back to the applicant at the Chennai consulate ? :)

Hi Dhari1:

Thats indeed an excellent news. Congratulations!
I was so scared about rejections and postponed the apointment to Nov.

Q9 on I-134 !!

Hi Dhari1,
What did u fill up for Item 9 on I-134 on the second time?

Do we have to fill up with the previous data ( Name / Date Rejected) towards "previously submitted affidavit of support"?

or

"NONE"

Pls help.

Thanks,
Immidude74

immidude74 said:
Hi Dhari1,
First of all - "Congrats"!!!.
I would appreciate if you can explain what documents(additional) u sent the 2nd time.

Also I would appreciate if u can send me the format of the letter for the 2nd time.

My email id is immidude74@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Immidude74

Hello Immidude74:
I would think you should mention about your previous affidavit. Please do not forgot to share with us the experiences at the consulate the second time and my best wishes on the interview.

Thanks,

Hello Dhari1:

Can you please let us know what kinda questions were asked during the interview the second time and how long did the interview last? I am asking these questions to prepare my in-laws for the second interview.

Thanks for your time

interview

Hi, This time, we really didn't send any extra documents. Just sent out latest copies of paystubs, employment letter, bank statements etc. My MIL had her NOC with her(Which she had even the first time she got rejected). The visa officer asked very very few basic questions and granted her the visa. In a nutshell, same visa officer as last time, pretty much same documents... Not sure why she got rejected the first time. Only difference is that she had a Tamil interpreter this time. Dont know why that would have helped...