Awaiting assignment to officer

nms110

Registered Users (C)
That is the response to my SR on my I-485 opened on Aug 8. Does that mean cases are still being processed ? I would have expected the response to say that no more visa numbers are available if the numbers are over.

Your's will be approved very soon.

I waiting for the I-1485 approval since MAy 2005
My signature
LAbor- Jan 2004 EB2
I-140/485 - May 2005
I-140 approval-> Aug 2006
Tansfred VSC->NSC June 2007
I-485 approval-> ??????????????????????????-> sai blessings................

Backgroung/namcheck cleared as per Info pass NEwark Aug 17...

Hello nms110,

I opened a SR on Aug/06/2007, Not recieved any reply for my SR. do they send an e-mail. Could you please tell me how did you get the response for your SR.

EB3
PD 10/2003
AD ???

Hi pramulreddy
Did others get this reply before getting approval ? How did you interpret that to mean that approval will come soon. Just didnt want to raise my hopes unneccessarily.
I got the SR reply by postal mail.

Hi pramulreddy
Did others get this reply before getting approval ? How did you interpret that to mean that approval will come soon. Just didnt want to raise my hopes unneccessarily.
I got the SR reply by postal mail.

My few friens got the similar message, but after few weeks they got approvals.

I was told sometimes back that I am stuck in Name Check. Recently, I was told that my case is also waiting to be assigned to an officer. The IO didn't tell me if my Name Check is clear or not but said when a case comes to this stage, it shows that everything looks good.

I don't know how to interpret this.

prg20

I got same reply when I called IO first time then I asked what about my name check he told me if its waiting for an officer means it completed NC but later infopass, IO, SR got reply of NC pending.

so I would say call 2-3 times and make sure. each IO is different. so you can take avg. answer from 2-3 calls.

hope this helps

EB3 (PD 2001)
I-485 Pending since 04
NC still pending

I spoke to NSC immi officer thru POJ line ans was told that file is waiting to be assignesd to officer.

signature
Labor- Jan 2005 EB2
VSC->NSC june 2007
I-140/485 MAy 2005. ???????

Hey I had the same message for my SR

Interestingly, I got my approval before I got the SR response.
You gonna get approved purty soon.

Git-R-Done.

Did your SR response say the same as mine ?
Anyway,hoping for the best. Will update this forum if anything positive happens.

I went to infopass to newark office on aug 17 and was told all the background checks inclusive of namechecks were cleared way back in june 2006.

I called on NSC POJ on 08/27 and -8/28 and was told that it is waiting for officer to be assigned for review.

waiting for the I-1485 approval since MAy 2005
My signature
LAbor- Jan 2004 EB2
I-140/485 - May 2005
I-140 approval-> Aug 2006
Tansfred VSC->NSC June 2007
I-485 approval-> ??????????????????????????-> sai blessings................

Infopass over phone?

Can someone please explain if it is possible to get an answer from Infopass appointment over the phone? Unfortunately for me the Infopass center is 2.5 hours away.

Thanks,
Dev

Got Card production ordered email today.
Opened SR on Aug 8. Recd SR response Aug 30 saying Awaiting assignment to officer.
On Sep 5 evening , recd emails saying Card production ordered.
Good luck to the rest of you. You should all be getting the card soon.

Got Card production ordered email today.
Opened SR on Aug 8. Recd SR response Aug 30 saying Awaiting assignment to officer.
On Sep 5 evening , recd emails saying Card production ordered.
Good luck to the rest of you. You should all be getting the card soon.

congrats man...

Hope every one with the message with waiting to be assigned to officer will get approval soon including me also..

pramulreddy

You were correct in your interpretation of the SR response. Yours will be approved soon too. (Mine took exactly a week to get approval after that SR response). Incidentally I had opened an SR in July for which there was no response , so I opened one more in August. Guys, keep opening SR every 30 days if you do not get a response.

pramulreddy

You were correct in your interpretation of the SR response. Yours will be approved soon too. (Mine took exactly a week to get approval after that SR response). Incidentally I had opened an SR in July for which there was no response , so I opened one more in August. Guys, keep opening SR every 30 days if you do not get a response.

Thanks for the reponse. I am also waiting for my I-485 approval with 10000.... eyes open.