AVM Update in RFE case from April 17

Hassaan Aslam

Registered Users (C)
Finally the AVM got updated regarding the RFE in my case. Here are the case details:

RFE Issued: April 17
AVM updated: August 14
RD: 12/00
ND: 12/00
FP: 03/01
Wac-01-055-xxxxx

With a little bit of luck I am hoping to get my approval in the next couple of weeks. Goodluck to all the rest RFE waiters.

Good Luck...

Hi Hassan, It took nearly 8 weeks for me to get the approval after the AVM update, But I hope you get approval sooner than that... You are very near to the approval...Wish you good luck...

Thank You

Thank you guys. Hopefully all of us will get through this. BTW I never checked the AVM but my lawyer called INS and thats how I knew the information was updated. Also my lawyer was told by IIO to call in a month\'s time if they dont hear anything earleir. My guess is if INS does not issue another RFE they are planing to provide some status in a month\'s time. This could mean approval for the ones that have been waiting since the RFE.

My RFE replied on May 30 and Updated on Aug 10. Hope to hear from INS in Sept.

My RFE replied on May 30 and Updated on Aug 10. Hope to hear from INS in Sept.

Me too!

I checked the AVM today - and the reply to RFE has been finally updated on Aug. 17th. I had called IIO last week after losing patience - and was rather disheartened to hear no progress - the only encouraging words I heard were from a poster on this board - thanks chennu!

ND 11/00, FP 01/01, RFE issued 05/25/01, replied 06/04/01, AVM updated 08/17/01

Replied to RFE on May 14th, Still waiting for the response.

I checked my AVM on 08/19/2001. I also spoke to a IIO on 08/17/2001. No updates to related to RFE. My lawyer still working on sending a Inquiry to INS (from the last two weeks, they are tooooooo busy).

BTW, did all of you sent/fax the inquiry (regarding RFEs) to INS to get your AVM updated? Please post your responses!

Regards,
Gopi

Maybe calling IIO does the trick!

I tried getting my lawyer to do something, but he casually brushed me off saying that there is no point doing anything, and that it can take 3 months for RFE reply to be updated. I don\'t know if it was a coincidence, but I spoke to the IIO for the first time last Wednesday, and found the reply updated in AVM on Friday!

ND 11/00, FP 01/01, RFE 05/25/01, AVM updated for reply 08/17

Don\'t know what should do...

I called my lawyer regarding my case and she did not tell me should I call IIO or not. What she said was it usually takes long time for all RFE case. Do you think I should call IIO or will I get any bad record after talking to IIO?
ND: 11/00
FP: 2/01 (scheduled 3/01)
RFE: 5/10/01 Replied: 6/19/01
No AVM update yet!!!
Never call to IIO

RFE in May

I had never faxed my documents since the time my lawyer had mailed these. The only things my lawyer was willing to do was to follow up with CSC. When they did follow up the AVM was already updated but they were told to call back in a month if they dont hear anything before then. They were also told that the mailroom was backlogged for most of the cases and no I-485 cases were processed during the month of June. Talking to IIO in my opinion does not help much because the AVM can ony be updated once your mail is opened.

No Title

Rajesh08,

Congrats friend!! This is good to know INS is moving on RFE cases. Let us hope that they approve our cases soon now.

Ravi