tickettofreedom

Registered Users (C)
PD 11/99
RD 7/5/01
ND 8/22001
FP 11/29/01
AD 5/29/02
AVM message previously said " FP received on 12/07/01, pending review"

First applied in Apr 1998 under regular process. Withdrew original petition and went RIR route in 11/99. Narrowly missed the 1999-2000 window when all categories were current. Waited 14 months after I-140 to apply 485. Meanwhile, NVC sent case to India because had indicated CP on I-140 (apparently VSC does this as standard procedure if a certain time period has elapsed and if your lawyer does not notify them of decision to file AOS). Recently, got a notification from consulate in Delhi notifying me of an interview!!! That was a shock as I never filed a Packet3 with the consulate. My attorney fired a letter to the consulate informing them that I had no intention of appearing for the interview and telling them that my AOS had been pending in Vermont for 10 months!! So, I am thinking now that my case is royally screwed and will take a long time to get adjudicated. But still I call everyday at 4:00 pm hoping for the best. TODAY IT HAPPENED!!!
Please send me any questions you may have and I\'ll try to help as much as I can. Best of luck to all waiters. You are almost there.

When did your attorney sent the letter to Consulate

Also, please give me the format of the letter, if possible. I am also in the same boat. My file is sitting in Chennai. I never wanted to go for CP.

Thanks,

To indiaeb2

Letter was sent in the first week of May. I dont\' have a format for you but it essentially said that I will not be attending the interview and informed them that my AOS had been pending in Vermont for 10 months. They questioned the very basis of the interview call as a Packet3 was never filed. It also requested that any/all paperwork thay had pertaining to my case be sent back to Vermont. Hope this helps.

congrats tickettofreedom

Looking at your case description I can imagine how tense you were. Thankfully it is all over. Good luck and enjoy !

Thank you everyone for your good wishes

Thank you to Rajiv Khanna for this great forum and thank you to all of you folks who have come together as a community to inform each other about various immigration isssues and to keep everyones hopes going. Keep your chin up because good news is round the corner.
PS. Greaty-k I have updated info on Rupnet

That is bad news QMKWWTG

It means that a packet 3 was generated for you and sent to your attorney. If you or your attorney did not respond back, then NVC would have sent your file to the consulate abroad. You must now wait for the file to come back (the officer who is assigned your case will initiate the process). You can also call the consulate and ask them to ship your file back to Vermont (if they have not already done that).