AVM say my case(I-485) not found. Anybody has similar experience?

ramcrk

Registered Users (C)
Automatic Voice message system says my case #(for I-485) is not found in the system. So far I got AP, EAD approved and FP taken in reasonably good time. I am not sure why AVM says my case not found. Did anybody has got similar message? Is it common? Can you guys tell me whether you get similar message? If not, how many days/months after the ND/RD, your case got updated in the system?

Here are my details.
PD 8/95 ; EB-2 India
I-485/AP/EAD(at CSC):
RD: 1/5/2001
ND: 1/22/2001
AP approved: 3/1/01
Finger print taken : 3/3/2001
EAD Card ordered 3/7/01(per AVM);
EAD approved 3/15/01;
Received EAD card on 3/19/01
Waiting for I-485 approval.

Thanks.

No Title

are you sure the WAC number is correct? do you have a copy of your receipt? when my cases was filed, my lawyer sent me copies of all receipts. but he also sent me an emails with my WAC numbers. i put aside my receipts and used the WAC numbers oin his email to check my cases. but my 131 case number was incorrect in his email, so i kept hearing that it was an 129 case. i was very confused too. weeks later i checked my receipts and found out that one of the digit in my lawyer\'s email was incorrect.

No Title

Yes. My receipt number is correct. I got a copy of the receipt from my attorney(so there is no chance for mistake). Initially message used to say none of the case numbers(I85/Ap/EAD) were not found. The message for case numbers for AP and EAD got changed once they got approved(started saying that they are approved).

No Title

Hi Ciba,

Please add my case details.
PID 03/97
EB3
I-485RD 1/12/01
I-485 ND 02/06/01
Case # WAC-01-097-xxxxx
AP not approved yet
EAD approved on 3/15 as per AVM
Primary applicant (my wife) received FP and completed on 03/22. I did not receiveFP.
My wife\'s FP notice shows case type as I-131 and case # for AP is listed. Is this typical or a mistake. Also, all the receipts show A# with no zero in the begining. But FPnotice shows A# 0xxxxxxxx. Can someone confirm total digits after letter A.

Thanks in advance and have a nice weekend.

No Title

Hi ramcrk

From experience with I-140 is that if AVM says that case is not found it turned out be approved at some point. This has been the case with your EAD/AP. Hang in there you might be the luck guy to get 485 approved so fast.

The above is my observation and understanding on how INS works.