AVM Message Rolled Back. Please Help!!!

longwait1

I called in this morning three times and heard my case was approved.
However when I called now the message was changed back to "We received request for additional evidence on this case, and the processing time for this case is 0 days...."
Did anyone experience this situation?.
Please Help....

No Title

Hello NoGCyet:

You are faster than me. I heard the same.

Please give your details.

RFE received by INS (AVM) May 18, 2001
Initially, AVM said 180 days,
yesterday it changed to 0 days,
last night & this morning it was 180 days,
now it is 0 days again

No Title

Snadar,

ND 10/99, FP 03/07, RFE rcvd INS 05/04.
I am 100% positive that I heard that my case is approved on May 17.

Was your case approved too.....

No Title

Actually, I haven\'t heard that for me, as of yet.

This is getting interesting. Lets check again tonight &
tomorrow morning and see what we hear.

RD Dec 27, \'99
ND Jan 13, \'00
FP 03/15
RFE send by INS 04/25
RFE rec\'d by INS 05/18

No Title

I got the same message \' Usually takes anywhere from so and so days
but since preliminary processing has been completed it will take 0 days. My PD will be current only next month though..

EB3 PD 12/99 ND/RD 01/01

No Title

Hi NoGCYet,

Please don\'t worry...I know that you get tempted to check the AVM
once in a while, even *AFTER* you hear that the case got approved...the same thing you mentioned happened to me as well...AVM said, it got approved...and then it rolled back a few days later to \'We have received your response etc.\'...but, I did get my approval notice the day after the message rolled back...The only reason why
I didn\'t panic when the message rolled back was b\'cos I spoke with
an IIO, the day before the message rolled back, and she said that my
case was approved...I am sure in your case also, the same thing is happening...so, please don\'t worry...

The AVM at VSC is in sort of a roller-coaster mode...and gives us the same feeling as well...

Srini

No Title

Now again it is still 0 days.

So the pattern has been
180 - 0 - 180 - 0 - 0 days

No Title

Snadar,

Sorry, I could\'nt post earlier. I checked this morning and heard the same message \'0\' days. Keep in touch and lets keep this discussion alive. I am sure there are folks whose messages might have rolled back as well.

No Title

Sure NoGCYet. Although I will be on vacation, I will be checking
this atleast once a day.

No Title

NoGCYet,
        After reading your posting, I checked the AVM and it is reverted back to the original message "your application was received on ......". However when I spoke with IIO he told me that my case was approved on 05/17/01 and I sould be getting approval notice in 1-2 days. Don\'t panic. I think there is some problem in the AVM. All the best to you.
EB2/India
PD : Apr 98
485 ND : 10/05/1999
FP : 03/07/2001
Approval : 5/17/2001
No RFE.

Thanks

No Title

What kind of sick person will call AVM 4 times to hear the same message???? Maybe, they are keeping track of sickos like you and taking back the approval !!!!

No Title

I just talked to IIO at VSC. I had mailed my response to RFE on 18th of May and they received it on 22nd of May. From 22nd onwards the AVM message says ....\'0\' days. But the IIO told me that this is some new update to the AVM system and even they are not aware of that. The timeframe for approval after response to RFE is (according to what she told me ) :

1. Normally it takes 2 weeks to approve from the date response was received.

2. If you don\'t hear anything within 2 months you or your lawyer can ask INS.

She also told me not to be misled by the message. On an average it takes 2 weeks (depending on your RFE, mine consisted of only employment letter).

GARAMKUTTA

No Title

yes, the message rool back is experinced. But you can notice the difference in dates when an action was taken. So mostly the new message where a decision was made at a latter date is current. And the reason for message roll back remains a "mystery".

No Title

Best,

Don\'t try to be smart. How do you know that I am checking only on my case. People like you disrupt the communication. We had payed the INS and I have all the right to call them every night to get an update. If you can contribute, do so! or else ignore the discussions.

Thanks
All the Best

No Title

Folks,

Recieved the courtesy copy. My wife\'s case is still in limbo due to second RFE.

Good Luck.
Special Thanks to Rajiv, srini123, Snadar & Myladoor.