AVM message meaning

Krish2001

Registered Users (C)
Folks...I was checking my I-485 status. It states that case received on December 05th etc...Does it mean that INS received my application only on DEC-05th or they started processing only from DEC-05th. I am asking this because my lawyers informed me that mailed my application on NOv\'02.IF that was not true I wanna to take them to task. Please calrify....

No Title

The date usually announced on the AVM is the day the case was entered into the computer there. The RD on the receipt is hthe day the Mail room stamps the envelope as received. Of late the two have been showing a wide dispersion

AVM Message

From the time I received 485 filing receipt, the message on AVM was "received you application on 3/22/01 and a receipt was mailed on 3/29/01 ..........". INS receipt had 3/22/01 as the receipt date and 3/29/01 as notice date. When I checked AVM three week, the message on AVM was "received your application on 3/39/01 .........".

I think Notice date on the receit of the intial application becomes receipt date on the approval notice. That has been the case with all my filings .....H1, 140, EAD