Registered Users (C)
Our details

PD:10/22/1998
RD:07/13/2001
ND:08/23/2001
FP:05/20/2002

LIN-01-248-5xxxx

Columbus OHIO

When we checked the AVM, found that both of us had RFE's while we were expecting RFE for spouse. My message went from 'Your I485 petition was received on ...' to 'On August 19th 2002 we mailed a notice for additional evidence..'

We were expecting RFE for spouse for medical, but not for both of us.

Did they issue RFE for me because our H1 expired and we got EAD from Cincinnati and not from Nebraska ?

I also happened to talk to another friend at work and he told me that when he checked the status he seems to have got RFE for himself, wife and child.

Is this yet another AVM screwup or have they genuinely issued RFEs for the entire family.

Any one in similar situation please post.

ColsEB444

Not AVM problem, you will be getting RFE...

Yes, Its my experience. My RD - 7/10/01 and when I applied for I485, my H1 got expired and waiting for H1 extension. So, INS want to check my status and latest updated employement letter.

In my case I only received RFE, where as my wife did not get it anything. INS issued RFE on 08/15/02, I received it on 08/20/02 and send response to INS on 08/21/02 by Fedex and waiting for approval....(?)

My guess in your case is for an updated employement letter. It seems from the pattern of RFE's, if INS issues any kind of RFE like BC etc, they are also sending RFE for updated employement letter by default (may be economic condition...?)

One more info is, you will not receive RFE and only your lawer receives it, so you can be in touch with your lawer.

Best Of Luck.