AVM I-485 approval - Very Urgent

Kavitha Ratnakaram

Registered Users (C)
I will be terminated today since my EAD is expiring today and I didn\'t get my EAD renewal or intrim EAD yet. As per our office (State Govenment office) rules I am supposed to resign today, but yesterday Aug 9th (thursday) when I called INS I heard on AVM that my I-485 is approved and mailed. But I need to show approval atleast on Monday to keep my job. How many days will it take to get my approval notice in Mail from Texas to Florida ( any state)

You help will be greatly appreciated.

Kavitha

No Title

Show your I -485 receipt to your employer and ask them to check AVM for tracking info. If the employer still does not agree, request to go an leave of absence (without pay) till you get your approval letter. Good luck! Best wishes.

No Title

I agree with Dholu, In addition if you have lawyer ask him to call your employer and explain the situation.

No Title

Dude,
Ask your attorney to call/fax TSC and ask them fax the approval notice to you/attorney and then show that approval notice to your Employees.The approval notice should keep your employment.

No Title

Kavitha,

I know this posting does not help you, but I was wondering - why did you not apply for an interim EAD? Was it because fewer than 90 days have elapsed since you filed for your renewal EAD? Did you try getting an interim EAD?

Best wishes,
-r.

No Title

Thank you all guys for replying. May be talking to lawyer and calling INS to fax my approval notice seems like a very good idea. It was not 90 days yet after I got my EAD notice so they didn\'t give me intrim EAD ( I actully went there 2 times), local ins person recognised me second time and told me not come till 90 days is over. I work for a government office, they should see some paper, they don\'t want to listen to message or follow as my lawyer says. I should check my luck moday to keep my job.

Kavitha

No Title

You should be OK if this requirement is for I-9 form.
Read below from a post at isn.org:

I-9 actually says

"Employers must complete Section 2 by examining evidence of
   identity and employment eligibility within three (3) business
   days of the date employment begins. If employees are
   authorized to work, but are unable to present the required
   document(s) within three business days, they must present a
   receipt for the application of the document(s) within three
   business days and the actual document(s) within ninety (90)
   days
   "

So if you have the receipt you should be OK I would think.

DEtails

Hi Kavitha,

Would you mind giving your GC details like RD, ND...etc....?

Thank you,
Best WIshes

No Title

As per the AVM our cases have been approved on August 9, 2001. Details are:

PD:10/08/1999
    RD: 03/31/2000
    ND:05/09/2000
    Cat: EB2 (RIR)
    SRC-00-164-5####
    AD:08/09/2001

Kavitha