Average result of I485 with laid off < 180 days??

485case

Registered Users (C)
Hi there, by now there might have been quite a few cases with laid off within 180 days of applying for I 485. Does anybody know about such cases please? Here I am too stressed out with the fear of being fired from my company. My RD is 22 Feb 2002 and ND is March 18 2002. Have got RFE for EAD god only knows whats that about has heard it yesterday on answering machine of INS.
Please give some idea of such scenario. Can\'t even work properly in the office with this fear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don\'t panic

You should be fine. Take a unpaid vacation if your company allows U to do that for a duration 3 - 4 months on personal grounds. till U complete 180 days. Thne U can look for other company to continue Ur 485 sponsorship in case there is an RFE.
VSC is moving fast..Hopefully U should get it approved with in six months.

Dont Panic and spoil your current positon and drive yourself into the bad situation.

Stay cool - do your job fine and you will not be laid off by your employer. Corss 6 months and that is it - you are semi free.

Don\'t worry take it easy

I know it is easy to say don\'t worry when you don\'t have RFE. I can understand your situation becaue I have gone through that stage in my I140 case. I guess your RFE would be for pictures

Thanks!!! you guys are so understanding!! If I take unpaid vacation for 3-4 months then what happens

paystubs for so many months??

Basically ..try to get your EAD and change the job...if INS does not adjucate your case within 180 d

then you\'ll be fine.

Don\'t worry.. I have been through it.. I know how you feel...

I called my attorney when I was in the same situation. He told me to find a job with the same job responsibilities as in my LCA. Salary no barrier and you can even work for hourly. It\'s ok with INS as long as the Job duties are same as mentioned in the LCA. Chances are you may not get a RFE and may see Approval straight away. In case of RFE all you have to do is respond with the new job offer letter and pay stubs. I also think you can send old pay stubs. As per my attorney INS never asked for pay stubs in an RFE. I have heard from people that the pay stubs could be older by a month or two.

BrigitonGC -- You sounds too good to be true

I am in a same critical situation.. laidoff after a month of of my 485 filing and rehired by same employer after 5months of 485 filing, but hourly and salary based on my hourly rate is 15k less ...

I am in lot of stress because of my situation like being hourly and less paid ..My lawyer warning me that I need to be get paid as much as we mentioned in labor cert ..

Anyone with more info, please advice

Stay Cool -- That is the Key

If you panic you will do more mistakes and worsen the situation. Stay calm and think of various options you have.

You should be fine.

Good Luck.

reg pay stub

INS dont ask all the pay stub from the begining,sometimes it may ask for recent two months stub,if you switch job after 6 months then probably you should be having the recent pay stub.Even if you get RFE for 485 its not necessary that the INS is asking for pay stub,generally they ask for the employment letter.so dont worry nothing is in our hand try actively to find another employer in case if you get laid-off from the present one.

Are you working for a consulting company?

If u are working for a consulting company, try to find a job on your own and tell them to do sub contracting or 3rd party consulting. That way you don\'t lose your primary company. I did the same thing. I was laid off after 60 days after I-485 was filed. And since he Sept 11 thing happened I was little bit sacred, but did lost my hope. I was sending resume 2-3 o\'clck in the morning. So don\'t lose your hope trust in GOD.

Thanks so much for the hope! But there seem to be cases asking for paystubs for past 6 months or mor

What if they ask and see that the person changed job in less than 180 days duration. That is a risk, correct? Really INS guys are like God these days.

Be cool and try all possibilites

I have seen lot my buddies in same boat ,i know how easy it will be if someone say\'s to be cool,but if you panic then there will be more chances that you may screw up the right opportunity.If you get RFE you can have a solution for it.Try to have all documents about ur case.

hope this helps

Guys I am in same situation here ...Project "may " end in 2-3 months. I am thinking of

sucking-up to my employer :) Also I am asking him to "Postpone" my
paychecks till later (4-6 months) as by then my RFE should be issued
(if at all). And at that time i will ask him to generate the Pay Slips for the previous few months. This is in a worst case scenario where I have to sit on bench for a few months. My RD is 10Jan2002 ND=23Jan2002 so going by current speed my case could be ready for decision around that time ... (The incentive for the employer is that
he gets to keep the money for few months)

Folks let me know if you find any "bug" in this logic...(other than
having to live with no-money for a few months)I Will greatly appreciate your response

485case ... I certainly understand your situation... if you can try
to convince your employer,try the above(after bug fixes though )!! Keep in touch.

Staying cool is easier said than done ...

No Title

On 485 U can take personal days off and not get paid..still will be in status using Ur EAD. If there is an RFE then U got to produce emplyment letter and give them INS explaination for Ur personal days off.

No Title

Just ask another question on this board...
How many people got their GC rejected ? Sure will be less then 2%..
Don\'t worry..there are lots of people in similar situation like U and things will eventually work out...
If U R single and not seeing any one..check out some strip clubs around U place...Just kidding..Don\'t take seriously dude..

Keep it up Guys

It is amazing how people come up with brilliant ideas. I like the idea of eternity. I guess if your company agrees, that is a very good idea. The problem is many of the slightly bigger companies may not agree to that. But, if there is a problem there has to be a solution to it. So, take it easy 485case, I hope things will work out for you.

Best of luck dude!

Thanks guys for all the moral support!!! I guess one should just do its best and the rest

is on fate. If I have to leave USA in my fate I will, even if I get Green card! I know some people will contradict it, but there always comes a time when not everything is in our hand.

Take LOA(leave of absence).

With your EAD RFE--> might be photo\'s. They might be missed ur photo\'s. Happend to me though.