Automatic Revalidation validity

FA6506

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

My H1B stamping renewal was refused by StLouis/Washington and I was asked to apply from outside the country. I am planning to apply from Canada (I have the Canadian PR) but I am being told that it may take up to 8 weeks to obtain the stamping.

My primary purpose of getting the stamp is to travel backhome (Pakistan). I am being told that automatic revalidation is still valid. My question is that can I travel to Canada and then go to Pakistan from there and come back to Canada and return to US within a month without going through the stamping process. Will automatic revalidation still apply if I have travelled outside Canada?

I will appreciate any advise.

Thanks,

Fareeh.

Automatic Visa revalidation is only for visit to Canada or Mexico and visit should be less than 30 days and if from Canada or Mexico you go to other country then it is not subject to automatic visa revalidation (some country citizen are not eligible for automatic Visa revalidation check your country of citizenship) go to DOS site and search for Automatic visa revalidation.
** if you have PR status of Canada you may get your Visa stamped in Canada

I am not sure what "SL" stands for but I plan to go to Canada sometime in Summer. I haven't determined the dates yet.

Thanks ginnu. I appreciate the reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
duh.......and I thought it was a code mmigration lingu.

Anyways, it was a while back. I believe I sent it in March of last year and got it back in May.