Automated Message

zee2007

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I have cleared my interview on 17th April 07 (Chicago). I tried calling the AVM today, used (800-375-5283) number. But the message I got is "Case Status Not Found".. What does that mean ? Once the Interview is complete the status disappears?? Is it common?
How much time it takes to update the system?
Thanks...

zee2007, What Flydog has indicated is what happened in my case as well. I received the oath letter yesterday (May 2nd oath). I had my interview in Chicago on 4/10/2007.

I am speculating that you will have your oath sometime in the month of May (assuming the supervisor approval is timely). Check the URL below for citizenship ceremonies in Chicago. May schedules have not been posted yet.

http://www.ilnd.uscourts.gov/Press/ceremony.cfm

it doesnt really seem to change. My wife who was naturalized last week and sworn in..when I check online it still says it is being processed.. so not sure if the "update" information is correct. I think they enter it once and never look at it.

it doesnt really seem to change. My wife who was naturalized last week and sworn in..when I check online it still says it is being processed.. so not sure if the "update" information is correct. I think they enter it once and never look at it.

You're lucky if it's even entered in there. It is not accurate and not up to date. I doubt the phone one is either. I went from N-400 to becomming a citizen without once being entered into the computer on-line system. I was old by the USCIS on the phone that sometimes you'll be entered, other times you won't, if you are, there's no telling how accurate it is.

So don't worry about the automated phone or the online system. Odds are they are incorrect if you even got entered in the first place...