Auto Revalidation Experience : Canada Visit

where can you find the list that is used by the officials at border for terrorism supporting countries. The list on DOS site does not contain Pakistan?? please confirm.

dcmetro22042 said:
Yes...u surely need to get Canadian Visa.

Is this supposed to be done well ahead of time OR something I can do while entering Canada? Also, how much time it takes to get this done - are you talking about TRV? thanks in advance!

jbond said:
Is this supposed to be done well ahead of time OR something I can do while entering Canada? Also, how much time it takes to get this done - are you talking about TRV? thanks in advance!

You need to apply for canadian visitor visa. fill up the form, carry supporting docs. your I-797, few latest pay stubs/employer letter, passport and two photographs. stand in line at canadian consulate and you should be done in few hrs.

Last edited by a moderator:
dyingforgc said:
You need to apply for canadian visitor visa. fill up the form, carry supporting docs. your I-797, few latest pay stubs/employer letter, passport and two photographs. stand in line at canadian consulate and you should be done in few hrs.

Many thanks! just one more - is it necessary every individual who is travelling to Canada has to go to canda consulate for visa or can I go myself along with papers and get visa for my spouse also. I doubt?

gchelpme said:
Many thanks! just one more - is it necessary every individual who is travelling to Canada has to go to canda consulate for visa or can I go myself along with papers and get visa for my spouse also. I doubt?

Your doubt is correct. you can't do that. each applicant needs to go in person. If you want to avoid visiting consulate then I guess you can apply via mail.

Can Some One Go By Air And Come Back By Air

Hello Guys

I Am From Pakistan And Wants To Go To Canada By Air So That I Can Be On My Exit Registeration . But I Want To Come Back By Road . I Want To Go To Canada For My Pr Card . I Have No Plan To Apply H1b1 From Canada .

Can I Do So ........................

Also Please Can Any Body Tell Me If I Am Going By Road In Which Boader The Exit Registeration Facilities Are Available So That I Can Go Through That Boader .

Is There Any Pakistani Here Who Has Recently Gone To Canada For Pr And Has Come Back Using Automatic Visa Validation Rule

Guys Please Help Since I Am Very Worried

Thks

Niagra Falls

You can drive to Canada through Niagra Falls or Rainbow bridge crossing or many of the other crossings that are listed in the Special Registration Walkaway material. The Immigration office is on the US side and you need to get off the highway and go to the office to do your Exit registration. Since the buidling doesn't have an Exit sign when you are going from US you have to slow down and watch out for it.

I have read of many people who have used Auto revalidation successfully.

I'm not a Lawyer, this is my opinion.

Can I Do AutoRevalidation Rule

My case is I have expired L2 visa stamped on my passport and valid H1b till june 2007(Don't have any H1B stamped).I am Indian.
Can I do auto revalidation and go to canada and come back within 30 days showing expired L2 visa and valid H1b ?
Is it necessary to have expired Visa of same type(H1b) or expired L2visa and valid H1b will work??

Kindly help and reply

How do I use Automatic Revalidation????

Hello Gurus...

I wonder am I eligible for Automatic Revalidation??????

I am Indian citizen.....and going for 7th year VISA revalidation at Tijuana, Mexico ....from appoinment date still my I-94/VISA stamped will be valid for 7 days...am I eligible for Automatic Revalidation ??

Any siggestion I would appreciate...

Thanks
Raj

dyingforgc said:
ginnu:- Spare me for reactivating this thread again but I need your advise. when you said don't submit I-94 if I don't plan to stay more than 30 days and use Automatic Revalidation. In my case I-94 attached with passport is expired along with visa expiration date in passport.

However I have valid notice of action (I-797) and I-94 attached to it with same validity date until nov'06. while entering into canada if they don't take I-94 (expired) , how this would work in my case? Would they take my unexpired I-94 (attached with notice of action) and issue new one? or I come back with EXPIRED white I-94 (and unexpired attached to I-797 remains as it is)?

Can I Use Aotu Revalidation Rule

Hi Navdeephuq

Kindly reply
My case is I have expired L2 visa stamped on my passport and valid H1b till june 2007(Don't have any H1B stamped).I am Indian.
Can I do auto revalidation and go to canada and come back within 30 days showing expired L2 visa and valid H1b ?
Is it necessary to have expired Visa of same type(H1b) or expired L2visa and valid H1b will work??

Thanks

naveedhuq said:
Hi All:

I am a Bangladeshi male H1B holder with expired passport-visa (expired in Nov 2001), recently visited Canada and re-entered SUCCESSFULLY through the auto-revalidation clause (see link: http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_1441.html).

I re-entered by road through the Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls. I had go up to the immigration office and waited for about 2 hrs (for the long line). Finally my name was called-in and the officer was asking me questions regarding my jobs etc. He wanted to take a look at all my previous I797/I94 papers and proof of current employment, which luckily I took a letter from my HR.

He asked me to show proof that I stayed in Canada not more than 30 days. I had a stamp in my passport (right next to the Canada VISA) by the Canadaian immigration officer, given during my entry to Canada (which was 16 days before). So that wasn't a problem.

The interview took place for about 10min max. No hassle. Only the pain is the wait time. Take food/drinks with you upstairs. By the time you get out, you'll memorize every news headlines on CNN, cause that's the only channel rinning constantly in the wait area.

Good luck.

Can I Use Aotu Revalidation Rule

Hi ,

Kindly Help
Thanks

Auto Revalidation VISA is for Mexcio too????

hello Gurus.....

I have NO idea about this Auto Revalidation process, but whoever you mentioned that only metioned about Canada, noone mentioned about Mexico....I wonder does this Auto Revalidation process allowed only for Canada or Mexico as well...I am sure some expert will answer this...

Thanks
Raj

sharma_rita said:
Hi ,

Kindly Help
Thanks

read auto revalidation telegram. only requirement is to have valid I-94 (along with h1-b approval notice). doesn't matter you have L2 expired. you are eligible.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_1441.html

Do they also ask for end client letter etc when employed with consultancy company

Hi dyingforgc,

while using auto revalidation at the port of entry immigration officers ask for valid original H1b/I94 and proof of employment etc.
My question is do they check all the documens like if i am employed with consultancy company then the end client letter ,Photo at client site etc( like they ask when we do stamping) .or they simply check the employment letter from the employer

Thanks

dyingforgc said:
read auto revalidation telegram. only requirement is to have valid I-94 (along with h1-b approval notice). doesn't matter you have L2 expired. you are eligible.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_1441.html

sharma_rita said:
Hi dyingforgc,

while using auto revalidation at the port of entry immigration officers ask for valid original H1b/I94 and proof of employment etc.
My question is do they check all the documens like if i am employed with consultancy company then the end client letter ,Photo at client site etc( like they ask when we do stamping) .or they simply check the employment letter from the employer

Thanks
No client letter, photos etc.

Make sure to carry unexpired I-797, attached I-94 with it, EVL with few latest paystubs and you will be fine.

Thanks dyingforgc

Thanks dyingforgc

dyingforgc said:

Make sure to carry unexpired I-797, attached I-94 with it, EVL with few latest paystubs and you will be fine.

will I-94 white will be an issue for auto revalidation

Hi dyingforgc,

My Case:- came on USA on L2 Visa two employer A and B filed for H1b petition(L2 To H1b ).Previously joined A,went to India on emergency Advance payroll,Got I-94 white as payrolee for one year till mar29th 2006.Then left a and joind B on H1b which I got previously.

So the question is I-94 white number I got at the port of entry(With H1b of A) is Different from I94 green of Company B H1b(I am currently working on company B H1b)

will this create problem if my present I-94 white in passport is different from my current green I-94 for befor mar29th 2006 Autorevalidation

appreciate your responce.

many thanks

dyingforgc said:

do i need to cancel my H1b visa appointment for autorevalidation

Hi,

Is it OK to take simply appointment like, I have appointment at Calgary at mar 20th 2006,But now I am planning to do Auto revalidation ,and don't want to Appear for H1b stamping.

Can I do auto revalidation without cancelling my appointment at Calgary ,just want to keep as a back up in case any issues occurs while doing auto revalidation.Or I have to cancel even my appointment for doing auto revalidation

Do i need to cancel appoint of h1b stamping for autorevalidation

Hi,

Is it OK to take simply appointment like, I have appointment at Calgary at mar 20th 2006,But now I am planning to do Auto revalidation ,and don't want to Appear for H1b stamping.

Can I do auto revalidation without cancelling my appointment at Calgary ,just want to keep as a back up in case any issues occurs while doing auto revalidation.Or I have to cancel even my appointment for doing auto revalidation[/QUOTE]