Australian PR Vs GreenCard : Req for an Advise

yougotme

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,

I already have an australian PR.
Im currently living in US (h1)
my green card is now processing I got thru Labor certification stage
applying for I140 EB2 category. I dont know how long will this greencard thing will take. In the mean time I\'m running out of time for Australian PR
meaning to further renew or to get Austarlian Citizien ship I need to live 2 yrs as PR in Australia. what should I do ? I dont want to loose my Aus PR I want keep my options open.
the reason is there is a lot of uncertainity in getting US green card (such as I have to keep up my current job... market conditions all factors)

what do you people suggest go to Austaralia or forget Australia wait for green card live in US

No Title

hi
I was under the impression you had to arrive in australia within 5 years to maintain your residency. Will they not renew it if you arrive one day or one month before the 5 year expires.

I know it is tough. I am going thru the very same thing as you. Only difference is i found out yesterday that i have to reapply for my labor after waiting for about 2 years in line. I have applied to australia too as i don\'t trust the system here. It is too risky. I dont know about you but i am married now so my priorities have changed. I have moved or still trying to move from a good lifestyle in the US to one that is more stable. So i think you need to ask yourself these questions.

Did you apply for australia from the US?
how long did it take?
Do they give you a 5 year visa?
if they do how do you renew it?
Like i said i was under the impression you could land and leave and had 5 years to decide whether you want to come back to aust

thanks

No Title

nope!!. They give u the initial entry date you need to make your initial entry first before that date. usually before 5-7 months from the day you got PR. they tell u the exact date. after the initial entry the 5 yr visa gets into play. But to further renew or citizenship u need to stay atleast 2 yrs out of 5 yrs. I beleive it will take 6 -12 months from US to get AUS PR. usually depends on how fast u submitt the paperwork.

My problem is i running out of time for the 2 yrs period out of 5 yrs
dont know what to deceide whether to stay in US or go to AUS.

I heard they are very stringent about 2 yrs period.

Im right now at I140 stage EB2 cat dont know .still how long will this take im confused..

No Title

thanks for the answer.
How is the company you work for doing? Is it laying off? I think you have to take all that into account. Which state are you applying for your i140? try to get a timeline. Did you establish ties in australia? if you did you might get the returning resident visa?

No Title

Im applying I140 from Nebraska
probably my I485 will be applied from Vermont
any clue with how long will this take to get
greencard or to a stage where I can be comfortable
with me greencard processing Will I can make before June 2003 ?

No Title

hi
I don\'t know how long it will take i am from texas and i know it takes long here about 2 years. Check on the processing times in this discussion board under I140 and I1485 boards.
How long after you applied did you get medical forms and acknowlegment?
Can i do medicals before they request me and just send them? If so what is the form number?
thanks

No Title

thanks for the advice. I am planning to use my insurance though. How much are they though and what do they check for ? Do u do blood test etc

No Title

I dont think so using ur insurrance. may be somewhere arround 500-600 US$ per person. yes every thing it will be described on the forms. and you will receive the forms from them when they request you

hi yougotme

how are you?
How much time do they give u to get your medicals and police certificate done?
thanks

a possibly prudent step

I would be very prudent and say a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. If you returned to australia and complete PR reqs and become a citizen, then it will be easy for you to travel and work in australia and any of the consortium of countries with which australia has agreements. If you then decide to migrate to US, it will be as an australian citizen and when you file for US GC it probably will be in a different category. You may also work over the web and be paid in US dollars, from australia. I would do this if I were you. Good luck.

Australian PR versus Aussie Citizenship

Been there, done that.. You can renew your Aussie PR as many times as you want without being there for 2 years continuous. For citizenship, you will have to be there either 24 months together or 26 months with breaks. Both are acceptable forms to become Australian Citizenship.

You can renew your Aussie PR and wait for your Green Card.

AussieCoolDude

That is true, your visa will be renewed. But in the case of you are not living in the country, your

Re: a possibly prudent step

Originally posted by krp15
I would be very prudent and say a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. If you returned to australia and complete PR reqs and become a citizen, then it will be easy for you to travel and work in australia and any of the consortium of countries with which australia has agreements. If you then decide to migrate to US, it will be as an australian citizen and when you file for US GC it probably will be in a different category. You may also work over the web and be paid in US dollars, from australia. I would do this if I were you. Good luck.

Hi:

Are you 100% sure you can get Australian PR renewal (for another 5 years) if you haven't lived in Australia for 2 years in the past 5 years? On what ground will they renew your PR visa since you haven't shown them that you are serious to live in Australia? The research I did from the immigration website in Australia said you have to live for at least 2 years or it will be difficult to renew the PR visa. Can you share with me your experience of "having been there and done that"? I have Australian PR too and it will expire next June and I worry about losing it. Thanks a lot.

Re: Australian PR versus Aussie Citizenship

Originally posted by AussieCoolDude
Been there, done that.. You can renew your Aussie PR as many times as you want without being there for 2 years continuous. For citizenship, you will have to be there either 24 months together or 26 months with breaks. Both are acceptable forms to become Australian Citizenship.

AussieCoolDude

Sorry! My last message is meant to sent to AussieCoolDude. My apology.

Re: Australian PR versus Aussie Citizenship

Originally posted by AussieCoolDude

AussieCoolDude

Hi:

Are you 100% sure you can get Australian PR renewal (for another 5 years) if you haven't lived in Australia for 2 years in the past 5 years? On what ground will they renew your PR visa since you haven't shown them that you are serious to live in Australia? The research I did from the immigration website in Australia said you have to live for at least 2 years or it will be difficult to renew the PR visa. Can you share with me your experience of "having been there and done that"? I have Australian PR too and it will expire next June and I worry about losing it. Thanks a lot.

Hi:

My australian permanent residence reentry is going to expire in march 2007. I visited Australia to get my visa stamped and spend only two weeks there and came back to US.

Is there any chance to get it renewed. If possible, can I do that from Australian embassy in US or do I need to go to Australia to get it renewed.

Your help is appreciated

Yes, you can apply through Australian Embassy in the US.

tjnas said:
Hi:

My australian permanent residence reentry is going to expire in march 2007. I visited Australia to get my visa stamped and spend only two weeks there and came back to US.

Is there any chance to get it renewed. If possible, can I do that from Australian embassy in US or do I need to go to Australia to get it renewed.

Your help is appreciated

anxicious waiter said:
Yes, you can apply through Australian Embassy in the US.
Anxious_waiter.

How many years they usually extend. Do you have any experience in submitting the application through US embassy ? Usually how long it takes to approve it

help is appreciated.

Depends. They can either give you a 5-year visa or 3-month visa. I did 1.5 years ago - just told them my current situation and that I will go to Australia permently. I think it took 1-2 months to get their decision.

tjnas said:
Anxious_waiter.

How many years they usually extend. Do you have any experience in submitting the application through US embassy ? Usually how long it takes to approve it

help is appreciated.