• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Australian Police Certificates

captainwomble

Registered Users (C)
Anyone know how to get one of these?

I can't find a central Australian Police website - only the regional ones (NSW, Victoria, etc.).

Where do I go to to apply for this?????

My attorney told me the following:
"This is usually initiated by the Consulate when they receive the biographic
forms which indicate where you have lived.They then send us instructions.
I'll wait a few weeks after they receive the forms and remind them."

Chase your attorney.

Web site for Australian Federal Police

I lived in Australia as an exchange student when I was about 17 Im doing CP for the DV 2008. Ive research a little and find out a lot of info about OZ police certificate here is a snippet from an email response from the Australian Federal Police afp.gov.au, hope it helps.
///////

Thank you for your enquiry.

I have attached the application form for you to download and complete, together with an information sheet. When you have completed the application form, it needs to be posted to Criminal Records Unit, Locked Bag 1, Weston ACT 2611 together with a cheque or money order in Australian dollars and affiliated with an Australian bank.

Payment needs to be a cheque or money order in Australian dollars and affiliated with an Australian bank. Your bank should be able to advise you on where you can obtain this from. Our office cannot accept payment by credit card or bank transfer.

The current processing time for a routine National Police Check is approximately 3 to 6 weeks from the date received by Criminal Records. Please be aware that processing times for national police checks may vary as the AFP is reliant on other police jurisdictions for some information.

We also recommend that you allow sufficient time for processing and return by postal services before making enquiries regarding your application.

If you have any questions please call our Help Desk on (02) 6202 3333 between 0800 - 1700, Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays)

Kind Regards,

SHEREE YARDLEY
HELPDESK CONVERGA
CANBERRA OFFICE
AUSTRALIAN FEDERAL POLICE

Tel +61(0) 2 62023370 Fax +61(0) 2 62023377
www.afp.gov.au