• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Aussie help....showing I completed year 10.

josh000

Registered Users (C)
I didn't complete 12 years of high school, instead doing a TAFE course and then getting a bachelors and a masters degree.

I have confirmed with the embassy that I am eligible for the DV visa on the basis of having a masters degree.

Still, I would like to show as best as possible that I completed 10 years of high school.

I have a copy of my TAFE Diploma, bachelors degree and masters degree.

I can't seem to get anything as proof for finishing year 10. There did not seem to be year 10 certificates issued for QLD.

Would anyone have a suggestion on what I should try to obtain as proof?

I didn't complete 12 years of high school, instead doing a TAFE course and then getting a bachelors and a masters degree.

I have confirmed with the embassy that I am eligible for the DV visa on the basis of having a masters degree.

Still, I would like to show as best as possible that I completed 10 years of high school.

I have a copy of my TAFE Diploma, bachelors degree and masters degree.

I can't seem to get anything as proof for finishing year 10. There did not seem to be year 10 certificates issued for QLD.

Would anyone have a suggestion on what I should try to obtain as proof?

Hi Josh,

You may have to go to the school where you graduated from year 10 and ask them if they have it on record. I think you will be ok for the interview. What might happen is that the case officer may just get a little annoyed for a moment because your case won't be a straight forward fill in the box on the computer for them. They fill out your info on a computer actually before the interview, then at the interview they ask you about the documents and that's when you will have a chance to argue your case with your Uni degree probably.

Hi Josh,

You may have to go to the school where you graduated from year 10 and ask them if they have it on record. I think you will be ok for the interview. What might happen is that the case officer may just get a little annoyed for a moment because your case won't be a straight forward fill in the box on the computer for them. They fill out your info on a computer actually before the interview, then at the interview they ask you about the documents and that's when you will have a chance to argue your case with your Uni degree probably.

Thanks tevolo.

I'm just trying to get as much documentation as possible to show I am eligible beyond a doubt. Hopefully my higher degrees and the email I got from the embassy will be sufficient.

I can't even find out if QLD issued year 10 certificates or not which is a huge PITA...hopefully the one sentence letter I got from the school will be enough.

12 years of school is the minimum requirement to enter the lottery, your are perfectly fine with your Master degree.

So now another complication that has me a bit panicked....

While I have completed my masters degree course, I did not technically graduated as I had an outstanding fee I was not aware of.

I have paid this but I won't be able to graduate before my interview.

I can get an official letter from the university showing I have completed the course and will be awarded, the degree. Will this be sufficient? If not, can I fall back to my Bachelors degree?

I'm quite worried now.....

So now another complication that has me a bit panicked....

While I have completed my masters degree course, I did not technically graduated as I had an outstanding fee I was not aware of.

I have paid this but I won't be able to graduate before my interview.

I can get an official letter from the university showing I have completed the course and will be awarded, the degree. Will this be sufficient? If not, can I fall back to my Bachelors degree?

I'm quite worried now.....

As Tazmania stated, your Bachelor's degree should be sufficient, a Master's doesn't really add anything per se to the eligibility criteria for the purposes of the Diveristy Visa.

At worst I suppose you could always postpone the interview until after you received your actual Master’s Degree if it's going to be sometime soon.