• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

August visa bulletin the final.

Absolutly yes

Hmmm, I think EU is gobbling up AF region quota. To add 12k between now and the end of the year in AF, I think they had to release more numbers than they have. So, about the only thing Sloner has said this year that appears to be coming true is an increase in EU with Decrease in AF. Of course, his reasoning why that was going to happen was totally incorrect, but we do appear to be heading for EU 19/20 and AF would have to pay that bill.

Hmmm, I think EU is gobbling up AF region quota. To add 12k between now and the end of the year in AF, I think they had to release more numbers than they have. So, about the only thing Sloner has said this year that appears to be coming true is an increase in EU with Decrease in AF. Of course, his reasoning why that was going to happen was totally incorrect, but we do appear to be heading for EU 19/20 and AF would have to pay that bill.
May be yes ! Sloner predictions are right!
But I still believe AF will get minimum 22k.

Hey Vladdy n Britsimon, lets assume AF makes it to 22K, and we assume that the densities remain the same, can u predict the approx max CN for AF?

Hey Vladdy n Britsimon, lets assume AF makes it to 22K, and we assume that the densities remain the same, can u predict the approx max CN for AF?

There are various people predicting numbers around 106, and others around 90. With 30k to go, I think seeing 100k would be stretching already...

Hello Britsimon, This might well be academic at this stage and won't change the final outcome, yet would the notion that AF (and other regions) benefited in previous years from the fact that EU CN numbers were running at early during the cycle, i.e. EU becoming Current no later than August during any given year, and therefore could not compete for visa in September, be a more realistic assumption? Now, this year in fact, there are a significantly higher number of EU numbers patiently waiting in line, which are and will continue to compete fairly with other regions for September assignments. What do you think?

If the density remains the same than its a chaos my friend !
In AF region I bargained everything on egypt and nigeria to max-out by august and than lots of second-holes just to see AF105k final cutt-off ...

Hello Britsimon, This might well be academic at this stage and won't change the final outcome, yet would the notion that AF (and other regions) benefited in previous years from the fact that EU CN numbers were running at early during the cycle, i.e. EU becoming Current no later than August during any given year, and therefore could not compete for visa in September, be a more realistic assumption? Now, this year in fact, there are a significantly higher number of EU numbers patiently waiting in line, which are and will continue to compete fairly with other regions for September assignments. What do you think?

Yeah, possible. In previous years (recent years) there were enough visas to cover all demand. However this year there are not, so what was happening before may not have been realistic. This year, we will find out if regional hard limits exist.

Yeah, possible. In previous years (recent years) there were enough visas to cover all demand. However this year there are not, so what was happening before may not have been realistic. This year, we will find out if regional hard limits exist.
Quite right, we will see an interesting final, not just in soccer...

Hi @Britsimon
I don't know if anyone did this before, if I call KCC can they confirm me that my documents are checked and are OK? I doubt if I complete everything OK.
There are 2 issue I have doubts:
1- My second name has non Latin characters like ç and I think I have written in all fields with ç !!!
2- In the DV application I have insert my current address but when I sent the docs to KCC the new address system where implement in my city.

Do these issue disqualifies my application? Can I have a confirm from KCC?

Hi @Britsimon
I don't know if anyone did this before, if I call KCC can they confirm me that my documents are checked and are OK? I doubt if I complete everything OK.
1- My second name has non Latin characters like ç and I think I have written in all fields with ç !!!
2- In the DV application I have insert my current address but when I sent the docs to KCC the new address system where implement in my city.

No , kcc doesn't have the juridiction to disqualify applicantions!
And you will be able to rectify that at the interview, its not a problem at all, don't stress about it.

hey guys, its taking a long time for the new visa bulletin to become public. Does anyone know how long might it take before the status in the ESC page changes? EU37***. BTW Congrats to everyone who is current in august and good luck to the others for september :)

hey guys, its taking a long time for the new visa bulletin to become public. Does anyone know how long might it take before the status in the ESC page changes? EU37***. BTW Congrats to everyone who is current in august and good luck to the others for september :)
Visa bulletin will be out today or tomorrow and your esc status will change after 10 days or so.

Hi @Britsimon

Yep Vladdy has answered accurately - they won't tell you much about your paperwork on the phone - however, as Vladdy said - those issues are explainable and not generally disqualifying. RELAX!