August-October DOE Card Tracker

Received my Permanent resident card today. It came from INS, Laguna Niguel, CA. I was under the impression that all green cards through CP came from Texas. Anyway, this explains why the waiting time for LA and SFO are the largest.
Good luck to everyone waiting for their cards. Hope to see you on "After the green card" board soon!

POE: LAX
DOE: 8/18/02
Card: 9/9/02
SS Card: Still waiting
Welcome letter: Not received, oh well...!

brb

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats brb ....

i think ur card received date should be 9/9/02 and not 9/19/02 !!! Unless u wrote this for the future !!!!! or u got enlightenment from the INS !!!!!!! :D

thanks im9999

thanks for pointing out the error. It was an oversight. I have edited my post.
No more dealings with INS for another 4 years and 9 months!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did receive the cards

Dallas was pretty quick.

POE : Dallas , AUg 25,2002

Received card for my self on 9/10/02 .
Awaiting for my wifes card .

Regards
Defjam:D

Card received

Just to let you all know that I had received my card and the welcome letter yesterday.

Interview: August 20 (Tokyo)
POE: Minneapolis
DOE: September 1
Card & Letter: September 16

The card looks much different than before, doesn't it. Looks like they had put more info on the metal part and put the readable info on the card.

Anyway, I was told that it could take 4-6 months to get the card, but it was so fast that I couldn't believe my eyes!

Congrats Mitsy!
The 4/5 months card waiting time is for people who do Adjustment of status not for CP. Their cards are made in an INS facility whereas CPers cards are made in CA and TX by private companies who get paid when the deliver the cards!

Received Welcome letter

on Monday Sept 16th(two each). Still waiting for the cards!!:confused:

Received Card for wife

DOE : Sept 1
POE : Cincinnati

Rcvd card for wife : Sept 17. Card was mailed from Texas.

Still awaiting card for myself.

Received cards ....

Hi everybody,

Yesterday I received cards for all family members. Here are the details -

Interview - August 23rd, 2002
POE - Philadelphia
DOE - August 28th, 2002
Welcome letter received - Sept 16th, 2002
Plastic card received - Sept 17th, 2002

Thank you god, everything went smooth. Got actual card in less than a year, since we started the processing (PD was 10/04/2001).

Thanks, brb2

I didn't know that private company makes the card. No wonder the card gets delivered so fast! Well, the officer at POE told me it will take about 4-6 months to receive the card. I suppose that's what they tell us anyway so that people won't complain after a week from DOE.

I'm so relieved that everything is over for now. I won't be applying to citizenship, but hopefully I don't have to deal with INS too much in the future.

Thank you all for the advice! This board has been the greatest help of all during the process!

Well looks like Newark is the worst POE !!!

Congrats to those who have got their cards ....

Still waiting ... no Welcome Letters... No Cards yet .. Persons who entered after me are getting the cards so I am hoping mine is on the way too .

DOE Aug 24th
POE NEWARK

Did get my new SSN Cards though !

Re: Thanks, brb2

Congrats Mitsy, brb, svj and others on finishing your process.. I'm still waiting for my cards (DOE 9/14) but good luck to you in the future..

Let me quote from Shakespear here..

"Forever and forever,
farewell my friend,
If we should ever meet,
Why, we shall smile..

Otherwise, this parting was well made"

Goodbye and Goodluck.

Card Received........

Got welcome letters on 09/17/2002 for myself and my wife. Welcome letters awaited for my children. Also got card for my self.Expecting to get my wife's card today orso.
Here are the details.
POE: Dallas
DOE: 09/03/2002

One other thing......even though I have mentioned in DS230 Part 1, that green cards need to be sent to my attorney's address...the card has been sent to my home address.
And also there is a spelling mistake in my wife's name in the welcome letter.
The reson is.......the officer has asked us to sgin and put the finger print on the forms given at the POE. Rest of the info was filled up by him.( eventhough we asked that we will fill up the info, he said it is not needed as he wants to fill the same later ).
Looks like that is how spelling mistake in the name has crept in.

Probably my wife's card will come that spelling mistake.
Does anybody know to whom we need to contact for rectifying the same ????????

Pujpran

Rcvd card for myself

DOE : Sept 1
POE : Cincinnati

Rcvd card for wife : Sept 17. Card was mailed from Texas.
Rcvd card for myself : Sept 18. along with welcome letters.

Welcome back Moulin !

July POE - Not yet received Card

DOE was July 7, 2002 at Houston.

Not yet received card. Anyone entered Houston and have received their card.

Does it take this much time for Houston.

I have got tired checking my mailbox everday in the hope of a surprise waiting for me.