August-October DOE Card Tracker

Waiting for Plastic card

Interview Date: Sept 20th in Chennai
POE: Dallas
DOE: October 12th
Card: Waiting

Moulin...

HEllo Moulin,

we finallly got a ticket in Singapore Airlines, but our POE will be LAS VEGAS. (seems like Singapore airlines have started this new service. Sngpr to LV )

Please NOTE: When we enter LASVEGAS, i will enter with my temp-perm card/seal, but my wife will enter with the unopened-packet .

Question is, is LAS VEGAS okay as POE. or Do we see any issues . because, in this thread, i didn't see anybody who had POE as las-vegas.

please advice.

(PS: i have no other options other than this Singapore airlines)

doe oct 14th

interview chennai sep 25th
doe for me : oct 14th via detroit
wife: still in india

no problems during interview or entry
wife has seperate packet valid if accompanying or follow to join.
waiting card and letter

Re: Moulin...

Originally posted by localmadras
When we enter LASVEGAS, i will enter with my temp-perm card/seal, but my wife will enter with the unopened-packet .

Question is, is LAS VEGAS okay as POE.

There shouldn't be a problem.. I havn't seen anyone use LV as a POE too but you can be the first !!

Washington DC POE

Any feedback on this POE at Washington DC Dulles Airport? How long does the card take if entering from here?

I also understand from previous postings that is you want the spouse to follow, it can be done during the CP interview. I have not indicated anything in DS-230 part 1.

Received GreenCard with misspelled on it..

Pl. advise:
I have received my Card but there is misspelled in my name. Could anyone post how to recorrect it and procedure.
Thanks.
Info:
POE - Miami 10/6
Rcd Card - 10/21.

sm99999

u should file I-90 to rectify the error .... the fee should be waived as it was an administrative error on the part of the INS ... the I-90 should be filed with the service center governing ur residence ... from ur POE it looks to be TSC ....

The I-90 is available on the INS website and u need not go through a lawyer for this.....

http://www.ins.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-90.htm

TSC is processing Apr'02 I-90 replacement cases ... so u should get a new card in 7-8 months ....

All the best.

Re: sm99999

Originally posted by im9999
I-90 should be filed with the service center governing ur residence ...

I90 should be filed at your local INS district/sub office where you are now residing. im9999 has provided the ins link for the form. No fees are applicable for INS administrative errors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moulin ... thanks for correcting me on where ti file ...

i had somehow missed the instructions on the INS website (ooopps !!) ... i had looked at TSC times and saw I-90 processing times so guessed that one had to file with them ....

Thanks mouline and im99999

Thanks for yr reply. 7/8 months sucks! Due to their mistake we have to suffer. :eek:
Anyway, can I change the job (not imme.) while waiting for the card?
Also, is it ok not having the card and having a stamp in passport?

Plastic Card not yet received DOE: 29th Sep

We haven't received our plastic cards yet. No welcome letters as well.

DOE: 29 Sep
POE: Detroit

Anyone with similar problems?

Is there a number where one can call and find out the status and/or reasons for delay

received card

hi all,

got the plastic cards from texas, and welcome letter from INS texas.

POE 10/3
cards : 10/18
welcome letter : 10/21

I guess finally done with this..

SSN card

Hi,

I just called SSA office and they told me that though I am now permanent residence, the wording "Valid for work only with INS authorization" will still be on my SSN card. Can you guys confirm this??

I thought that if I have green card, that phase should be taken out from SSN card.... However, the operator said that it will be taken out only when I become citizen....

Thanks

Received Card. :)

Received the cards and Welcome letter yesterday :)
DOE 09/14/2002
POE Chicago

Done with INS for the time being!!
Thanks once again to this great site all all the helping folks in here.
Thanks a lot!!

mathodram,
I feel you should wait till Oct end before starting to check for status. Midwest POEs seem to be becoming bit slow now.
It took me more than a month.
The number to contact is given in one of the thread in this post.
But I suggest dont bother about it right now.
All the best to you and everyone for their GC process.

Last edited by a moderator:
GC Quick ....

the SSA person is wrong in saying so ... trying calling them after a few days and hopefully u will be able to talk to another person ...

call again SSA

GCQuick:
I did talked to SSA and they asked me fillup SS5 form (avl on ssa.gov) and go to SS office.
Your SS# is going to remain same. Only they are going to update their record.