August Case Assigned

Sam K

Registered Users (C)
I talked to an IIO today about some issue and then enquired about the status of my 485 (RD - 8/15, ND - 10/10, EAC - 02-0085xxxx) and she informed me that it has been assigned to an officer on 4/29. She infomed me that it could take 30-60 days for any action on this.

However, she asked me if I had my I-140 number since it will speed up things. Unfortunately, I did not have it. She checked in the system, asked me for my company\'s name and again checked in the system but could not pull it up for some reason. I informed her that I-140 was also done at VSC and she said it would not be a problem then.

Does the above make sense? Why did she think that 140 number would speed up things?

Hope this sheds some light and hope for the August folks.

BTW, she said they are working on 7/15 cases.

-samk.

First August case where its not someone else\'s case.

Thanks for the info and good luck.

Thanks
Krishnan
RD:August 21

I agree....My RD is 15th Aug and ND is Oct 11th EAC-02-009-5xxxx

Dont come to conclusions quickly

Sam K, if your case is assigned my case cannot be very far off. My ND is just one day behind yours.

I checked 802 vsc fone number. My case has not changed yet.

rajofboston, the fiscal year for INS

starts October and since all the August filers including me had a 2-3 mths delay in our receipts most of us have 02 EAC which is October. Maybe you are not aware but EAC-02 is genuine case. This is a very positive sign and hope we all should hear bunch of approvals for August starting middle of May atleast

Thanks
Krishnan

Glad to give hope to so many people.

Also, I am happy that I did not get bombarded by doubting-thomases (except one - who I hope is convinced by now). Will update y\'all if I find out something.

-samk

Thank you sam K for a boosting information. I am eagerly waiting as position may become bad by this

I think the officers will try to get the I-140 information from that department in INS itself. Some I-140s are approved for CP. May be she may want to track that and put it in the place for faster process. This makes sense and INS is keen to process the cases fast. I think it is better to give this information, as that when assigned, the process may be fast.

But anyway, Thank you and wish you all the best. Mine RD is also Aug 15th and ND Oct 11. Same as Bangalore baba1. Good luck guys.

Dont know for sure. I think it is RD

The IIO told me that they are processing July 15 cases and that mine was an Aug 15 case. WHen I asked her if it has been assigned, she said yes.

-samk.