August Bulletin Out

We think that the situation is bad, and USCIS/DOS always has been proving it is worse.

As is, I will consider myself lucky if EB3 World remains on October 2001 and doesn't go backwards !

Sorry for our fellow Indians.

gravitation said:
India EB2 in unavailable.
India EB3 retrogresses back to Apr 1, 2001

Lets not forget next VB, this can happen.
Also, I think, there will be very small forward movements till End of this year,
unless CIR goes through.
:mad:

E. IMMIGRANT VISA AVAILABILITY FOR SEPTEMBER

Immigrant visa number use is approaching the annual limits for the year in many categories, and the supply of numbers remaining for allocation is limited. Therefore, for September there is increased possibility of additional retrogressions of cut-off dates such as those experienced in August. Readers should not assume visa availability until the cut-off dates are announced. Categories which could experience retrogressions are:

Worldwide: Employment 4th
China: Employment 2nd and 3rd
India: Employment 1st
Mexico: Employment 3rd

GCdreamer2006 said:
We think that the situation is bad, and USCIS/DOS always has been proving it is worse.

As is, I will consider myself lucky if EB3 World remains on October 2001 and doesn't go backwards !

Sorry for our fellow Indians.

GCIsTortoise said:
The page is suspicious. The number is 95 which should be 96. Wait official page.
O Really! Anyway, it's now linked from the main page too.

Last edited by a moderator:
recorded message

the recorded message at 202-663-1541 still lists numbers fro july. is it common for this recording to be updated with a delay?

It's not over till it's over...

Folks,

As bad as this bulletin appears, and almost crawls backwards, we must brace ourselves and be prepared for the long-haul.

On the face of it, it is indeed bad news. On the flip side, it is once again a DONE DEAL where no amount of remonstrations, appeals, prayers, magical concoctions are going to change or reverse this information.

The deeper and harder this news affects us, the worse we tend to feel and consequently have a negative impact on our well-being, both professional and otherwise.

I feel sorry and sympathetic for all of us (yes, I'm stuck just as well as others) but I want to not lose hope and become depressed. And continue to weigh in our options, if we have any.

One thing appears CERTAIN to me, these bulletins are testing how much PATIENCE we have, and maybe in the end the winners will be those who have more of it than others.

Maybe it doesn't matter what is right or wrong, who has a better case, or what "they" owe us. Simply waiting it out, and beating DOS in this game of patience (with a price to pay of course on our end) may yield that tiny plastic card eventually.

October bulletin "MAY" be worth looking at now...until then it's time-pass.

I've got in 5 months. However, I'd rather go back home because job opportunities there are not worse than Canada and at least I spend time with my entire family, I am part of my own culture, etc.

yimincanada88 said:
Have a backup plan while waiting.....

www.doityourselfcanada.com

Canada GC only takes 9 - 12 months. I've known people get it in 6 months. It doesn't hurt except some application fee.

wow, it just keeps going back. glad i sent in my i-485 last month. told it wasn't going to matter, but who knows. better be safe than sorry. i went from 4/2001 to jan 2000 now to 97. glad i sent in my things since i am 3/2001. i cannnot even bare to think what i would have done or if they send me back the application.

let's hope it jumps forward soon. and i hope this puts energy in getting something done. those who hate illegal immigration but say thye like legal immigration should see this and not hate amnesty because of it, but should rather do in more visas, more staff, and other crucial things. so there is no amnesty. how will that really help you in the new few bulletins? it won't.

"SKIL" bill must be the way to go...

TheInquisitor said:
wow, it just keeps going back. glad i sent in my i-485 last month. told it wasn't going to matter, but who knows. better be safe than sorry. i went from 4/2001 to jan 2000 now to 97. glad i sent in my things since i am 3/2001. i cannnot even bare to think what i would have done or if they send me back the application.

let's hope it jumps forward soon. and i hope this puts energy in getting something done. those who hate illegal immigration but say thye like legal immigration should see this and not hate amnesty because of it, but should rather do in more visas, more staff, and other crucial things. so there is no amnesty. how will that really help you in the new few bulletins? it won't.