August 2011 Filer - urgent question to the email notification

rachelzhao

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

I sent out the I-130 and I-485 application to Chicago office on August 1, 2011, and they received the package on August 3, 2011. However, I still didn't receive any email/text notificaiton yet. Has anyone who filed the similar time as me received the notification already? And is there a telephone number for me to call to follow up?

Thank you so much for your help:D
Rachel

Hi everyone,

I sent out the I-130 and I-485 application to Chicago office on August 1, 2011, and they received the package on August 3, 2011. However, I still didn't receive any email/text notificaiton yet. Has anyone who filed the similar time as me received the notification already? And is there a telephone number for me to call to follow up?

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

If you look at the May/June/July filers threads you will see times ranging from a week to a month to get back to you. So have patience as thats what we are all doing.

Did you file G-1145 for electronic notification?? if not then you will not receive notification email or text.
Hi everyone,

Rachel

I filed mine on August 1 and got Email notification around 9.00 PM on August 5th. I have NOT received the I-797's in postal mail yet.

Hi everyone,

Rachel

Oh really? That's pretty quick of yours. Did you send out your application on August 1 or they received on August 1?

Yes, I believe I attached the G-1145 form for electronic notification..

I am a little worried :(

Mine was recieved Aug 1 and my checks were cashed Aug 4 and I got my case numbers Aug 8...wait for the checks to be cashed that is a much better indicator of progress than e-mail notification. I filled G-1145 and never got anything but the day after they cash your checks you can call in and get your case numbers and track online and setup e-mail/txt alerts.

Oh really? That's pretty quick of yours. Did you send out your application on August 1 or they received on August 1?

Hey Rachel,

No need to be worried. I sent my package on August 2nd and I still haven't heard anything from them yet. It usually takes up to 30 days to have a response from them. If you do not hear anything in 30 days then you should definitely get in touch with them. Just have patience and you should hear from them soon :). According to the timeline from the filers from the previous months, I should get a letter this weekend or anytime until september 2nd.
Everything will be ok and best of luck! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent mine on August 1 and it was delivered at 10.33 am August 3rd. I did receive the emails on 5th, however, I haven't received anything since. Expecting I-797 Receipts in mail sometime this week.
Try calling the customer service if you don't hear anything from USCIS in 3-4 weeks after filing.

Sure.....(I-130 for my wife and my son) - 420 * 2 = 840
(I-485 for my wife and my son ) - 1705 (as son does not require biometrics)
Total - 2545

Just checked my mailbox and no I-797 Receipts today as well......

Falcyon.
Why so much? I thought the check is usually for 1490.
Just curious.