August 2009 N-400 filers

I received my oath letter for oath on 12/3/09 today - updating my timeline. This ride seemed to have been quite short! I'm satisfied - no change that to happy!!! :)

This is an interesting development; you got the OL on Nov 27 for a Dec 3 ceremony... This is cutting it close. Gives a totally new meaning to 'Same Day Oath' :)

The only way around it is to call the Courthouse (or location where Oath ceremony is done) and get the dates ahead of time so you can plan ahead.

I don't think they change the status in the local offices. My I-485 & N-400 both still show as transferred to local office for an interview.

I attended the interview on Nov 23rd at Portland, Oregon. I am curious as to where I can find the information for next oath ceremony in portland?

Kumar,

The oath ceremony maybe an administrative ceremony (normally held at the USCIS office) or a courthouse ceremony (held at the US District court).

You could check with the USCIS office itself for upcoming oath ceremonies or call the Court Clerk (I believe that the associated court in Portland would be the Oregon District Court in Portland - the number listed is 503-326-8008).

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Thanks Indiemocha. I am guessing Portland do admin ceremony. I couldn't find the number for local USCIS office. I am not sure if i call the usual 1-800 number they will tell me the schedule.

Completed the Naturalization process today with the Oath in the US Federal Court House in Indianapolis. About 70 people from some interesting countries (Peru, Argentina), a quarter or so Indian, etc. All ages, too. The youngest was an Indian young lady in her 20's, oldest was an Indian gentleman in his 60's (who got a US Flag in the process)

Everyone checked in, turned in their Green Card's and assorted US travel paperwork, and was seated. The Judge came into the court room following the usual courtroom process (gavel, etc)

The Senior IO from Indy DO read the roll, doing a good job with most of the names. New Citizens were invited to stand and say the country they were born. After the Oath and Pledge of Allegiance, there were speeches by the Judge and a number of guests, including representatives of our elected officials (Senators, Congressmen), Federal Government, Indiana and Indy Bar Association, Social Security, Voter Registration, and Daughters of The American Revolution. No video message.

The ceremony was completed in about 40 mins. Afterwards the senior IO read the roll once again and one by one we proceeded to pick up our Certificate from the Judge, mini-photo-op, collect letters from elected officials and materials from other VIP's, and exit to the paperwork area (Social Security adjustment, Voter Reg)

Best of Luck to everyone!

Completed the Naturalization process today with the Oath in the US Federal Court House in Indianapolis. About 70 people from some interesting countries (Peru, Argentina), a quarter or so Indian, etc. All ages, too. The youngest was an Indian young lady in her 20's, oldest was an Indian gentleman in his 60's (who got a US Flag in the process)

Everyone checked in, turned in their Green Card's and assorted US travel paperwork, and was seated. The Judge came into the court room following the usual courtroom process (gavel, etc)

The Senior IO from Indy DO read the roll, doing a good job with most of the names. New Citizens were invited to stand and say the country they were born. After the Oath and Pledge of Allegiance, there were speeches by the Judge and a number of guests, including representatives of our elected officials (Senators, Congressmen), Federal Government, Indiana and Indy Bar Association, Social Security, Voter Registration, and Daughters of The American Revolution. No video message.

The ceremony was completed in about 40 mins. Afterwards the senior IO read the roll once again and one by one we proceeded to pick up our Certificate from the Judge, mini-photo-op, collect letters from elected officials and materials from other VIP's, and exit to the paperwork area (Social Security adjustment, Voter Reg)

Congratulations! Happy holidays.

Congratulations. thanks for sharing your experience.

A Proud USC as of Dec 3rd @ 01:30 PM

Finally, my trip to the land of citizenship has been completed and I'm now a proud USC as of Dec 3rd @ 01:30 PM.

My Oath Cermony was @ the Quiet Cannon Center in Los Angeles @ 01:00 PM

Arrived there around 12:15 PM, the line was already a mile long, all 700 persons to attend , and around 12:45 PM the line started to move quickly, and have to check-in to validate my Oath letter and questions and being assigned a Table-No to receive my Certificate after Oath, and also give my CC

By 01:30 PM, everyone were seated and waiting for the cermony to start

Around 01:40 PM, The Judge started and we all stood up to take the Oath, then some words from the Judge and the USCIS Rep and then we let go to another lines to take the certificate, and was out by 02:10 PM

I'm so happy that my trip to the land of citizenship has been successfully completed, and NOW I'm ready to enjoy my stay :):):)

Thanks everone for this helpful forum, and best wishes to all of you who are still in the process

I received Yellow Letter yesterday 12/03 asking for DL/Arrest record (I mentioned speeding ticket). But I never got LUD unlike my wife for Sending to Local Office for Interview. Application was sent at the same time. Any experience from fellow applicant in here will be very much appreciated (do I have to worry about the yellow letter , I have a receipt of speeding ticket/payment ? why I didi'nt get the LUD ? what is our chances of me and my spouse getting the same date of interview ?) :

n400 sent oct 19
n400 received oct 21
NOA oct 23
FP notice oct 29
FP done nov 5
LUD online for interview (For Spouse) dec 1
Yellow letter for me dec 3
Interview Letter ???
Interview Date ???

Received Oath Letters

we received our (me and my wife) oath letters on 12/11 for the oath ceremony on Friday, December 18

USC Finally..............

We (me and my wife) completed the Oath Today and we are now US Citizens.
Wishing a Good luck and God bless to all of you still waiting.