August 2009 N-400 filers

Awsome, I got my YL today, 10/13. It asks me to bring my Driver's Licence and Passport plus travel documents issued by any country. Now how long for the IL? Also, I dont have any travel document from any country. Is this necessary? I only have a passport. Thanks.

Awsome, I got my YL today, 10/13. It asks me to bring my Driver's Licence and Passport plus travel documents issued by any country. Now how long for the IL? Also, I dont have any travel document from any country. Is this necessary? I only have a passport. Thanks.

here is my update

Got IL

Got interview letter today 10/13/09. Notice date was 10/09/09. Interview date is 11/16/09 Monday at 9:20 am room 1512 at the Broad street location in Newark for both me and spouse. I wonder if we will have to learn the name of a new governor :D :p.

That's all you need - a Passoprt, a k a Travel Document

Interview/Oath Completed today at Baltimore

Myself and wife passed interview today. We were there by 10:00am and finished interview and came out by 11:30am. Nothing unusual. They just asked only the documents in the checklist they sent us. I just mentioned about my two speeding tickets from 10years ago, which I had paid (I hadn't mentioned in the application), but the officer said no issues. Didn't ask any proof of payment, though I had the copies of official check I paid. Asked us to come back at 2:30 for the 3:00pm oath. Everything was done by close to 4pm.

Glad that the whole process took just 2.5 months for us from the date we mailed our application.

Thanks all for sharing your information, it was very helpful in all stages.

Woohoo! Received email notification: case transferred to local office for interview. Updating time line.

It looks like a batch process was initiated - lot of case updates :)

Had my Second FP done today . The ASC agents were fibbed that my FP was lost - and said that this was the first . They searched the system and could not find my old FP .

I will check on the status tomorrow . I hope this puts me back in the game.

We recieved the interview letters today. Interview is scheduled for 11/23.

Interestingly, I got an e-mail this morning that the case has been transfered to the local office and an interview will be scheduled. When I got the mail this afternoon the interview letters were already in the mail box. Didn't expect it this quick.:)

BTW, One of the items in the checklist is "Evidence in selective Service Registration". I was already too old when I got the green card, so this was not applicable to me. Do I still need some kind of letter from Selective Services agency?

We recieved the interview letters today. Interview is scheduled for 11/23.

Interestingly, I got an e-mail this morning that the case has been transfered to the local office and an interview will be scheduled. When I got the mail this afternoon the interview letters were already in the mail box. Didn't expect it this quick.:)

BTW, One of the items in the checklist is "Evidence in selective Service Registration". I was already too old when I got the green card, so this was not applicable to me. Do I still need some kind of letter from Selective Services agency?

Hey Bhatsk, I got same notice yesterday so I am hopeful that I get my letter in the mail later today. I will let you know when my interview falls.

Take care.

John

New Rochelle FP 9/10/09

Hi Guys

Is anybody else in the same boat and have not received the update after getting FP at New Rochelle NY in the same time frame? Its been more than a month since FP done and there is no change in the status.

Thanks

I got my interview letter in the mail today. My interview is schedule for November 19th. For those of you still waiting for one update of the other, I wish you the best. Between now and my interview, I will occassional check to see if there is any insight I can offer anyone. I will so love to give back to this forum as much as I can because the resources and guide you guys provided has been very helpful. Depending on how the Oath is scheduled, citizenship before thanksgiving is still possible!!! :) :) :)

Wish you all the very best!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Johntlc,

Congratulations! You actually beat me by almost a week :)

BTW, Did they ask you for "Selective Services Registration proof". They have listed this on both of our letters. I am wondering as what should I take since we were already past 26 when we got our green cards!

Sss

Hey Johntlc,

Congratulations! You actually beat me by almost a week :)

BTW, Did they ask you for "Selective Services Registration proof". They have listed this on both of our letters. I am wondering as what should I take since we were already past 26 when we got our green cards!

Thank you, bhatsk:

I have a letter from SSS that states I am not required to register with them. I got this letter three years ago in support of my federal student loan (FAFSA) application. In your own case, since you said you were past 26 yeard old when you got your green card, all you need to do is provide them your passport and a proof of when you got your green card. I know thats redundancy but there seems to be nothing we can do about that. I believe this link will help you further http://www.sss.gov/Status.html

Best wishes!!! :D:D:D

John

My interview will be in 8 days.
October 28th, at 2:00 pm
Every time I think about it, I feel butterflies in my stomach.
When I get nervous I feel like I want to go to the bathroom, to do number #1.
Can you imagine!!!!!!!!
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: