August 2009 family based filers post here

Thank you Jacob24 and raj456!

Jacob, Is there any update on your case yet? Based on what I have read here in this forum (forgot which thread though), there were some that didn't get any decision whatsoever after the interview but eventually got an email from USCIS ordering card production of GC. Hopefully you'll get yours soon :)

Actually yesterday the day after the interview the IO called my cell and told me everything looks good except some mishap the doctor did on the medical form he filled out and left some areas blank. so he told me, he will mail me the request in mail and have the doctor re-do it and have them send it back to uscis. I then asked him if everything else is good except that little issue, and said yes.

Actually yesterday the day after the interview the IO called my cell and told me everything looks good except some mishap the doctor did on the medical form he filled out and left some areas blank. so he told me, he will mail me the request in mail and have the doctor re-do it and have them send it back to uscis. I then asked him if everything else is good except that little issue, and said yes.
I guess its just a small thing that needs to be straighten out. All you can do now is wait and pray that the doctor will do whatever he needs to do soon! Keep your hopes high! :)

got an approval of I-130 in mail last week, and received RFE on that medical exemination that the doctor had to redo the complete form and seal it. I then took it and hand delivered it to the INS office where we had our interview and lady said it can take up to few months.

Kinda pissed, after everything went smooth as a butter and being as prepared and organized as much you can, we know have to wait due to doctor's mistake that got paid and does this stuff on everyday bases.

Oh well, no rush to go anywhere, hopefully I will at least receive a 10 year card after all.

Why did my wife receive an I-130 approval before my I-485 decision? isn't it normally wise verse?

Thanks

Among the August fillers, we haven't heard from bellalondon (she requested re-scheduling of interview), mermaid06 (interview on Dec 2), shigaell (interview on Nov 10), kvs26 (pending approval of 485 after Oct 29 interview), charbuble (interview on Oct 30) & paramvir1 (interview on Nov 10). I wonder what happened to them? :confused:

Hope to hear from all of you soon! :)

Hi swtblcn23 - thanks for your concern.

I don't really have too much of an update. I made an Infopass appointment on November 12, 2009. I explained my situation to the officer there, that my hubby was in law school and taking exams on December 2, 2009- our interview date. I brought his exam schedule as proof. The officer took it and added it to our file. He also confirmed that our green card application file was already at this location for our interview - whenever that may be.

He said it was a good thing that I came almost a month prior to the interview date, because a lot of people wait until a few days before to reschedule, but end up having their applications denied for missing their interview. He couldn't give me a definitive time frame of when I would receive the new date. He said at this point, it will definitely be after the new year, sometime in January. If I don't hear anything within 45 days (which will be by December 27), I need to make another Infopass appointment.

Hope everyone else is moving ahead in their process.

Keep your fingers crossed for me. My next step is to renew my driver's license, it expires in two weeks. Do you think my EAD, social security card and NOA receipts will be sufficient for the renewal?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi swtblcn23 - thanks for your concern.

I don't really have too much of an update. I made an Infopass appointment on November 12, 2009. I explained my situation to the officer there, that my hubby was in law school and taking exams on December 2, 2009- our interview date. I brought his exam schedule as proof. The officer took it and added it to our file. He also confirmed that our green card application file was already at this location for our interview - whenever that may be.

He said it was a good thing that I came almost a month prior to the interview date, because a lot of people wait until a few days before to reschedule, but end up having their applications denied for missing their interview. He couldn't give me a definitive time frame of when I would receive the new date. He said at this point, it will definitely be after the new year, sometime in January. If I don't hear anything within 45 days (which will be by December 27), I need to make another Infopass appointment.

Hope everyone else is moving ahead in their process.

Keep your fingers crossed for me. My next step is to renew my driver's license, it expires in two weeks. Do you think my EAD, social security card and NOA receipts will be sufficient for the renewal?

Thats great, yuo should recive the new interview soon!
Thats all you need to renew your license, and bring two proofs of address!
Good luck!

dissapointing interview experience

Hello everyone,
after my interview yesterday I didn't even feel like doing anything, what a frustrating experience!
A little about my case, family based 1, adult child of citizen from November 2002. I came with my petitioner, no lawyer (big mistake). The officer confirmed all my information, name, address, SSN, then the no questions. It looked like it was the first time he opened my case (the office is known to be lazy). The he said that I need to prove that I was in lawful status throughout my time in US since 1996 when I came as an exchange student and then then changed to F1, received an undergraduate degree then only visited on B1/2 for five years and then received another F1 and currently a full-time student. He asked for my transcripts from undergrad???? And then asked for I20s from each year of my current schooling, I am currently in my 4th year, so he wanted 4 I20's. I only had one I-20 since I did not travel and did not require any I-20 besides the one I used to enter the country when I started school in 2006. He insisted that it is a requirement that I get an I-20 every year when on F1 (I-20 needs to be current only for reentry in case of international travel).
At the end of the interview I asked about the timeline and what I should expect now. The officer said that I have to wait 90 days for approval/denial and if nothing happens then schedule an infopass to inquire about my case. Bad luck I suppose.
Oh, by the way, I checked cris and it says STAGE 2, INITIAL REVIEW although I already had an interview....

I feel your pain, we had our interview on the 17th and cris says the same thing as yours even though our interview has been 20 days ago. All you can do is be patient and wait. :(

Does anyone know if a biometrics is required for EAD? I haven't received my biometrics appointment and EAD. The online status for my EAD shows it's still pending but the officers in my separate INFOPASS told me it's approved in early October. Can they approved my EAD w/o taking my FP (or they use my FP got in visa interview before I came to USA or the FP got at the port when I arrived in USA)?

Is Interim EAD still an option today (or there's no such thing anymore)? Thanks!

Bellalondon, nice to hear from you! Your EAD is enough to bring when you renew your license. Hope you get you interview schedule soon!

Mermaid06, hope you get some good news very soon!

hey all

here is my case status , Initial Review
On August 17, 2009, we received this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you......................... its in california service center !!!!!!!!!!! ( LPR FILING FOR unmarried son or daughter over 21 )

when should i expect the next step ???? the next corresponds from the USCIS ????

Hello all! Happy New Year!

I have a non-update update. I successfully renewed my driver's license without any issue in December.

This morning, I went to my scheduled Infopass appt. to check the status of the re-scheduled interview, as it has been more than 45 days since my last Infopass appt (back in November).

The officer was a nice lady. I told her I understood that my interview wouldn't be scheduled until late January, but thought it was unusual that I hadn't received any correspondence from USCIS. She went back and checked my file status, and told me that my case was in the process of being scheduled, and she estimated by interview would be late January, early February. I should get a notice within a week or two.

Apparently, the case scheduler has been on vacation and that's what caused the delay! Now that the person is back, hopefully they are in a good mood and will schedule my interview ASAP.

Hope all is well with everyone else!

Interview scheduled for February 1

I finally received my new interview date - February 1!

I'm excited and putting together my documents, including bank letters and statements for our joint account; joint cell phone bill; vet bills for our dog (in hubby's name only but with our address), 5 or 6 emails exchanged between us from the last five years, past leases, and photos and an album I made from our last vacation together.

My biggest concern is that hubby doesn't have his original birth certificate. His mom misplaced it years ago. Mom-in-law managed to obtain a "certified copy" of the birth certificate. Will this suffice? Or do we need to have it notarized?

Also, do I have to bring MY original birth certificate?

Thank you, Thomas!

I will bring mine to the interview.

I'm making a request for my hubby's bc in the county where he was born. Crossing my fingers that we will receive it within 2 weeks!

I'm making a request for my hubby's bc in the county where he was born.

If the county where he was born is not far away you may be well-served to drive up there. It should speed it up considerably. I am sure there is something called "expedited" process in such cases.