August 2006 - Visa Bulletin is out today

RETROGRESSION OF FAMILY AND EMPLOYMENT CUT-OFF DATES

For August, it has been necessary to retrogress many of the cut-off dates in the Family-sponsored and Employment-based visa categories. This has been done in an effort to hold the issuance levels within the applicable annual numerical limits for the affected categories. Those retrogressions are listed below:

Worldwide: Family 1st (to 01JAN97)
China: Family 4th (to 01JUL94)
India: Employment 2nd has become “Unavailable”; Employment 3rd (to 01APR01)
Mexico: Family 3rd (to 01JAN81) and Family 4th (to 01JAN93)
Philippines: Family 2B (to 01DEC92) and Family 3rd (to 01DEC85)

IMMIGRANT VISA AVAILABILITY FOR SEPTEMBER

Immigrant visa number use is approaching the annual limits for the year in many categories, and the supply of numbers remaining for allocation is limited. Therefore, for September there is increased possibility of additional retrogressions of cut-off dates such as those experienced in August. Readers should not assume visa availability until the cut-off dates are announced. Categories which could experience retrogressions are:

Worldwide: Employment 4th
China: Employment 2nd and 3rd
India: Employment 1st
Mexico: Employment 3rd

gp111

hi gp111,
I am from India. My wife is from a non retrogressed country. I applied concurrent filing using cross-chargeability January, 2006. I filed in EB2 category. Now that visa numbers are unavailable for India-EB2, what will happen to my case. Will I fall under India quota OR my wife's country quota (which is current)?

abu2003

You arein luck. If you filed using cross-chargability then you will be counted against your wife's country quota and not the India quota.

abu2003 said:
hi gp111,
I am from India. My wife is from a non retrogressed country. I applied concurrent filing using cross-chargeability January, 2006. I filed in EB2 category. Now that visa numbers are unavailable for India-EB2, what will happen to my case. Will I fall under India quota OR my wife's country quota (which is current)?

abu2003

Your spouse's country of birth may also be used to determine chargeability. In your case EB2 is current for worldwide quota.

For instance, if you were born in India, but your spouse was born in France and there is a quota backlog for India, but no quota backlog for France in your preference category, you and your spouse may proceed with your immigrant process based on your spouse's country of birth. Hope that helps.

Thx
bsain

Thanks sertra2002/bsain.

Thanks sertra2002/bsain.
I understand that I can go ahead with my adjustment of status.(I already did). But the question is, will I have to wait till India visa numbers become available before they APPROVE it?

abu2003

abu2003 said:
Thanks sertra2002/bsain.
But the question is, will I have to wait till India visa numbers become available before they APPROVE it?

abu2003
No, you will not have to wait till India visa numbers become available. Otherwise what is the use of crosschargability ??

Last edited by a moderator: