MD - 08/9 /02
RD - ?
ND - ?
EAD - ?
AP - ?
Ad - ?

EB3, PA , IND

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought after all will get EAD in 2 -3 weeks of their Mail date.
but looks like this also get delayed.

dial3525,vigneshbabu,REF-I140

Could you please check with your bank if your INS fees has been collected by VSC.

i am going through my company and they sent I140 application on 4/22/2002. almost 4 months. I just called my paralegal and she
couldn't track that herself. need to go to HR dept.
not possible at this time. they said once 90-180 days is completed
then we will go through all.

sorry couldn't help you.

My check hasn't got cleared yet

Hope to get the ND by end of this month and EAD sometime next month./.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
md:Aug,08 02
RD:?
ND:?
EAD?
AP:?
FP:?
checked my bank this morning, INS fees have not been collected!

folks read this,

:( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Updated 08/20/2002: I-140/I-485 Concurrent Filing and EAD/AP

It appears that the INS is mindful of potential abuse of concurrent filing by filing a frivous petition by some people to obtain EAD and Advance Parole. Such abuse may be evident particularly in labor-certification waived employment-based immigrant proceedings, such as National Interest Waiver, Extraordinary Worker Petition, Outstanding Teacher/Researcher, or Multinational Corporate Executive/Manager Petitions, as people in such categories can file from the outset I-140 petition together with I-485 application, plus EAD and AP applications. The INS sources indicate that the INS will time processing of concurrently filed I-140 and EAD applications such that the EAD may not be issued until I-140 is adjudicated. Since people can apply for a termporary EAD 90 days after filing of EAD application, the INS apparently is targeting at adjudication of I-140 within 60 days so that flood of temporary EAD applications be minimized to the maximum.
This developing policy of the INS gives a clue to two points. First, it appears that the INS will adjudicate the concurrently filed I-140 ahead of I-485 application separately at the earliest possible date. It is indeed a good news for those who may have to consider utilizing 180-rule under the AC 21 Act. Secondly, some INS district offices have been issuing EAD card with the I-485 Receipt Notice, but this practice can change for the concurrent I-140/I-485 filers. People should keep eye on the procedural change at the local district offices. In the meantime, people may start filing EAD application along with the concurrent filing of I-140/I-485 against the potential change in local district office procedures on EAD and AP. People may also have to give enough lead time to obtain EAD in the future and make it sure that during such EAD processing period, they maintain their work-permit visa status or unexpired EAD so that their employment is not disrupted. Please stay tuned to this web site for the development of this news.

Reply is to, dial3525

"Updated 08/20/2002: I-140/I-485 Concurrent Filing and EAD/AP" regarding your above post I have read it on:
www.immigration-law.com CLICK on BREAKING NEWS.

this information is for those who do not need LC, like EB1, or mostly NATIONAL Intrest Weiver cases and it does not say any thing related to LC based I-485, who have filed I-485 after receving 140 Approved or Filed I-485 with Pending I-140 and attached the Reciept of I-140 at time of filing I-485.

I DID NOT UNDERSTAND YOUR POSTING BELOW:

"i am going through my company and they sent I140 application on 4/22/2002. almost 4 months. I just called my paralegal and she
couldn't track that herself. need to go to HR dept.
not possible at this time. they said once 90-180 days is completed
then we will go through all."

It means your HR or Lawyer have filled just your I-140 on 4/22/2002, your Lawyer or HR will be having Reciept of I-140 only, I hope you or your Lawyer has not Filed I-485, that is what i concluded from your post, because if they had filed I-485 then you needed your Medical , Photographs,and to sign AOS application Form and EAD form and AP form.if you have filed I-485, I am sorry to misread your post.

In this thread we are Only discussing who filed AOS , I-485 Employement based at VSC in August 2002:
A)with I-140 Cleared and then filed with Reciept of pending I-140 ( because of new INS law)
B)or those who filed I-485 who have cleared I-140 and now filed for I-485.
For information to others please provide the info if any one has just filed I-140 and I-485 Concurently
or

I-485 with I-140 Pending and just with reciept of I-140

OR I-1485 with I-140 cleared

that will help others to compare his/her case and RD or ND from VSC.

I hope because of the above confusion that became effective July31 many are not getting Reciept for I-485 ,INS may be changing some procedure to send Reciept or ND, EAD and AP, based on diffrent kind of I-485 Filing, that is only my guess

here is my Info:
I-140 cleared
I-1485 Mailing date: August 8
ND?
EAD?
AP?

Checked with bank INS has not cashed Checks, my lawyer has not recieved any info nor I have recieved any info or Reciept till date.
Regards

Checks Have Been Cleared

EB1: I-140 approved on 7/24/02
I-485:
MD: 8/8/02
ND:?
EAD:?
AP:?
FP:?
Check my Bank Acount a few minutes ago, INS fees have been collected.

reply to Avtaar ,

Helllo,

sorry for the confusion,

I am one amung the people who 've taken advantage of the 140/485 concurrent filing. i 've been waiting for I140 since 4/22/2002.
I have prepared for the I485 formalities longtime back and
send it to my lawer. when I140/485 rule came, the next day
my lawer sent it to VSC. thats my case. I thought he
was asking I140 check has been cleared or what?

however I485 - no news about this check. lawer has no control of it.

hope i answered your question.

All in one

dial3525 - EB2 - MD - 8/2/2002 ND - ?? EAD - ?? FP - ??
swift123 - md:8/8/02 RD:? ND:? EAD? AP:? FP:?
avtaar - Md-8/8/02 RD:? ND? EAD? AP?
inders99 MD - 08/9/02 RD - ? ND - ? EAD - ? AP - ? Ad - ?
vigneshbabu MD - 08/15/02 RD - ? ND - ? EAD - ? AP - ? Ad - ?
refI140 MD : 8/19/02 RD : ? EAD: ? AP:? AD?

Checked the Bank today, INS has Cashed the Checks,I have requested the bank to send me Copy of Checks cashed by INS as EAC # is written on them.

Hope this helps others!!!

I'm not sure

I'm also new to this.. So, feel free to make a copy of the tracker and update the copy and attach the updated one.. I guess that's what I can think of.. Thanks guys..

Vigneshbabu...