August 2002 approvals

jv1410JJ

Registered Users (C)
For concurrent filers the 485 receipt says something like this. The total processing should take approximately 300 days and if its more than 300 days they can call the office. Does that mean we will start seeing August 2002 concurrent filers I-485 approvals in a months time. My personal gut feeling says we will be seeing these approvals very soon. I think INS is using some of its resources for August 2002 concurrent filers onwards and that could be one reason why we are seeing the slow approval rates lately.

If your online message reads the way you posted, I will bet you haven't gone through FP yet. After FP. They will tell you it takes them 360-540 to process this kind (I485) case. Further more those are moving targets, and can be adjusted when they believe it is proper... Net this out. Need a lot lot patience with unpredictable BCIS/INS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by jv1410JJ
For concurrent filers the 485 receipt says something like this. The total processing should take approximately 300 days and if its more than 300 days they can call the office. Does that mean we will start seeing August 2002 concurrent filers I-485 approvals in a months time. My personal gut feeling says we will be seeing these approvals very soon. I think INS is using some of its resources for August 2002 concurrent filers onwards and that could be one reason why we are seeing the slow approval rates lately.

If this approval for the 485 or I140 (since current files don't have 140 approved yet) ? Their approval can start only after the I140 is approved. It is very unlikely that their approvals will start earlier than regular 485 approvals as they filed for 485 later.

jv1410JJ

Any particular reason that makes you think INS is using some of its resources for August 2002 concurrent filers onwards ? Wish you were right!!!:)

Hope for the best ...

I do hope the sweet dreams come true. However, it may not be realistic that BCIS keeps their "promise" to approve concurrent filings within the "projected" 300 days. This spells earlier approval than those who filed several months earlier with pre-approved I-140s.

Anyway, the concurrent filers are still lucky if their approvals come only a couple of months after those filed separately. They still save quite a bit of time.

The approval for concurrent filer will be coming soon

Hi, Guys:

Thinking that the idea of the INS/BCIS to allow concurrent filing is to speed up the case. I think BCIS officers had reviewed the I-485 documents together with the I-140, if you get the I-140 approved, your I-485 will be coming soon.

You know there are a quite many I-140 cases filing under concurrent had been approved. But there is no indication concurrenting I -485 will be finalized anytime soon. Although theoretically say they can approve two petitions 5 mins apart. But that is not what happens in the reality Afterall this is the game called "Patience".