August 2001

Rupinder Singh

Registered Users (C)
I have been waiting for an approval on my case for a very long time. The second RFE response was received by VSC on Feb 24 and nothing after that.

Does anybody have any advice on what I can do to find out whats wrong with my case ?

I have contacted the Ohio Sentor's office (no help). I have called VSC and the new national number (again no help). I have written to the VSC director. My attorneys express helplessness. As a last resort I though I should ask for advice and maybe somebody can provide information about something I can do.

My FP will expire in a month on July 18.

Best option is to try calling VSC every week, and you may hit one IIO soon who might help put your case on track..

Good Luck..

you can try and sue the INS , you can force them to take a descion in your case , or at least to threat to sue them , this might night be expensive , but it will but an end for your wait , unless they are having you for a securrity check

Its not a good idea to sue the institution whose assistance you need, there really isn't much to do except wait

will if my restort to stay in this country is the green card and they are not givin it to me , so i will try as last resort to sue them , you have nothing to loose , and you can threaten to sue them

Rupinder

if you are not in a very difficult situation due to delayed approval Please dont take any precipitate actions which you may have to regret later.

may i suggest that you send the RFE response and accompanying documents again with a covering letter stating that though you had sent it earlier you wanted to help the process by sending it again with clear explanations of each of the supporting evidence you had provided.

this may trigger action on your case and also if the delay is because the adjudicating officer is not able to decide either way because he is not sure of something (and wants to protect his back by not approving a potentially troubling case -in his opinion) he will be positively inclined to accept your help and approve.

sinc ei am not a lawyer i will suggest that you find out the down side of this with someone who is an expert in this matters preferably your lawyer or some other experts on this forum.

i am sure if things are clear and straight forward BCIS will approve your case without delay. remember BCIS has no grudges against you and they are following the regulations and laws to the best of their abilities. We can either help them to help us or sit tight and wait for them to reach a conclusion. Any confrontational approach is self defeating.

best wishes and do let us know when you get approved

regards

olman

Thanks to all who replied.

I am not thinking of taking the BCIS to court. Atleast not yet.

I liked the suggestion of responding to the RFE again but there is a problem in that. The first RFE I had responded to was for medicals. I sent the completed medicals but the BCIS did not accept it as they wanted the doctor to fill out the exact same form that they had mailed and not a new one. So the second time the doctor did that. Now if I get another copy of the medicals that may again cause another problem as the office may use that as an excuse and ignore the originals I sent the last time.

I am trying to bug the senators office again to get them to do something but they dont seem to be keen on it. I have been pushing my attorneys office to initiate some action through AILA but they are also hesitant (afterall they got their money and it is not their case).

In the meanwhile my FP will expire on July 18 and then that will give the office handling my case an excuse to hold my case for another size months or so.

Rupinder