August 2001 I-485 Filers

chidda2000

Registered Users (C)
Hi August filers,

Any one got I-485 approved lately?

I spoke to IIO a few days ago and she said your file in in adjudication unit.

If anyone of your spoke to IIO please put up the details so that we can share what is going on.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

still no clue

I was told back by IIO' s in September as well as in Oct that our files are with an officer but so far no clue. last week of december she mentioned - dont know what is happening. I asked if i can expect some results soon and she said with the new process it will still take longer.

At this point it is even useless to talk to an IIo they do not even have any helpful info.

I rememeber telling her that it will even be 540 days at the end of the month and she says dont consider the estimated dates any more they do not mean anything.

It means you are almost there

chidda2000,

I am also an august 2001 filer. when i spoke with IIO in early november she told me the same. I asked her again to tell me what does that mean, but she just said I will hear something soon. To my surprize I received the approval notices (myself and my wife) after 4 days.

so hang on buddy, u r almost there.

RD 08/22/01
ND 10/16/01
FP 02/01/02
AD 11/08/02
EB3 --> Pakistan

Hi Guys,

My Receipt date: Auguest/09/2001 and notice date:Sep-28-2001

My lawyer sent me email that my case is with an officer on Nov-6, since I didnt hear any thing from INS. She told me the process is very slow...

Lets wait and see...

Last edited by a moderator:
RD : 08/08/2001
ND : 09/26/01

I talked to an IIO on Friday and was told that my case was assigned to an officer last week.

She said it could take 90 days before I hear anything.

But then anybody who has talked to them knows that it does not count for anything.

no clue what is going on

Does the IIO get pissed off if you call them every 15 days?

I have been calling them since Sep 02 almost 15-20 days interval. I called up today also and she said you called two weeks ago and I said yes and then she told me that I cannot tell you much about your case.

I told her that last time the IIO told me that your case is in adjudication unit so she said then it is still there. It seemed she was pissed off and that is why she did not talk much.

The prob is that I have not been issued any RFE's or notices so why is it taking long time.

I hope for the best and prepare myself for the worst.

Chidda

Mine is almost the same case as urs, just that my RD is sept. No RFE nothing. I called several times but the same bs versions.
I could not get my lawyer to call INS, he has been very unresponsive . Did ur lawyer called INS anytime for ur case.

I'm finally deciding to change him.

I dont think it would make sense to change lawyers at thi spoint when you are almost there. One fine morning you will receive your approval without any lawyer having to do any thing.

One thing that might help is - go to the local senators office. each senator has a person assigned to deal with federal agencies.
They ask you to fill out a form and they follow up with the INS on your behalf.

Unfortunately I approached a senator at the time when the freeze just started and they got back to me in about a week and said that the case is with an officer and we would hear back in 30-60 days. Iguess the reason for that kind of reply was because of the freeze.
I have seen a bunch of friends get their approval within 2 weeks of approaching a senator. I will do that myself this week as it seems they have started approving cases.