Aug RD, RFE sent on May 28th

mkk_vsc

Registered Users (C)
At last some activity on VSC part.

Just checked the status and it was nice to hear my application is on the move.

Haven\'t done medical ... I know I had to do it but just before I-140 approval got the pink slip, then in the turmoil lost more than 2 months and when I found another project (myself) my only thought was to start the AOS asap. The conclusion is -- if you send the I-485 without medicals most probably you will be delayed.

So I expect it is an invitation to see the doctor.

One question for those who\'ve been down this path -- when you get the RFE for medical, may you send the results yourself directly to INS ? After my last summer experience I don\'t want to have anything to do with my lawyer (but I am afraid and don\'t know how to fire him). Thanks ins advance.

August waiters, our time is coming !

RD: 08/08/01
ND: 09/26/01
FP: 01/25/02
RFE: 05/28/02

file a form g28 with INS to fire ur lawyer and ask him to immediately turn over ur docs

if he doesnt turn over ur docs, the bar committee will be VERY interested in talking to him

After getting the project by yourself......

Did you join the previous company? Or did you join some other company with same or similar job description? If so, then the RFE could also be for new employment letter (as per AC21), pay-stubs, W2, etc.

MKK

While filing did you send G-28 form indicating Mr. So & So as your lawyer. Then all RFE\'s etc come to him. If you do not want him he cannot do anything. Just find another lawyer and send new G-28 and things are taken care of. Lawyer is there for your service and not vice-versa. Feel free to fire him. But my advice , do it after 180 days of your RD.

same company

When the bodyshop terminated my contract (they sent me the package before the current project was finished !) they didn\'t allow me to use the accumulated 3 weeks of paid vacation. After I found the project and, guess I was lucky and there were people willing to help me, arranged for subcontracting then I turned back to them and you shouldn\'t doubt it they were more than willing to embrace me back as their cash cow to milk me for another year or two. At this time they allowed me to use the vacation time (plus unpaid leave as necessary) so according to their books I was never terminated and continued to be a happy employee, or so they say. So tell again about the american dream and the land of the free.

No, the RFE can not be about pay stubs. I checked my wife\'s application status and I heard the same message, RFE issued that is. It\'s got to be for medical examinations.

I wish it was that easy to fire the lawyer

First, he is company lawyer. He is not on their payroll but he handles about half of their H1s, green cards and whatever else there is regarding immigration issues. I have reasons to believe that he\'s got even stronger ties to that company so being employee in that company it may be dangerous, if you take my meaning.

Second, what papers and documents is he going to turn over to me when I ask him. Labor certificate ? No way, it belongs to the sponsor. What if , I don\'t know that much about the AOS process, I need it sometime later ? How about the papers from the I-140 appliaction ? I have the approval notice, but are there other papers, which again by the wicked logic of the immigration law in this country, belong to the sponsor ? These and other questions confused me when I entertained the idea and you won\'t find the answers in any immigration-related web site.

So after already 3 years of painful waiting I am not willing to take my chances, hoping that as long as I pay him he won\'t make me trouble.