Aug 99 ND (not a typo!!) , Finally Approved!!

485/Waiter

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gang,
It was a long arduous journey. My receipt date was July 99, ND Aug 99, EB2, India. The delay was caused by screw up in my I140 approval which was assigned a wrong A#. Finally, I-485 got approved on Aug 03, 2001.
Had to involve senator\'s office back in January to get all the mess straightened out.
Rather than joy I am just relieved that soon it\'ll be behind me. But still its a great feeling nonetheless. What a torture it was! Calling the AM every evening to hear the same breaking message over and over again and getting the same old standard response from II\'s (30 to 60 days). My single piece of advice to people who have been waiting for a long time is that you guys need to get pro active and invoke any help you can and call INS time to time and question them about any complications in your case.(Do all this very politely without sounding frustrated, you want them to be on your side!!).
 Waiting for approval notice. Does any one know how long it might take to get the notice and how long does it take to get the actual card after stamping from VSC?

Congrats after a real long wait

Really had to wait a long long time. Now relax and enjoy the new status. Best wishes.

No Title

Congrats! In my case it took 5 days to get the courtesy copy. Approved on May 21st got courtesy copy on May 26th. I stamped my passport only on Aug 01 and am waiting fro the card.

Hearty congrats I485/Waiter ....

I understand the pain, enjoy the freedom now on ...,
my case was approved on 8/01/01 and I got my letter on 08/06/01, hope it helps

Congrats

Was the AVM updated on same day or was there a delay? I\'m still waiting for my approval and sick of hearing the same old message. My ND is 09/99 and PD is 05/97.
Thanks

Is it Ammended I-140

I-485 waiter, is it regular I-140 or ammended I-140? why would a regular I-140 have A#? If i understand it right, A# is assigned only after you apply I-485 which is after you have an approved I-140.