Aug 2002 Approved

wait_4_ever

Registered Users (C)
Friends,
My Long Journey is over here are details.

My case is one of the 30 cases sponsored by a big company based in mid west in jun/jul 01. I am the only person whose labour was approved in Jun 02 with out any query and others were approved in dec 02 after NOFS. Most others are EB3 where as mine is EB2.

Aug 04 - Started worrying about my case as I havent heard any thing from INS after 2 FP as the memebers of 30 group are getting approvals (the guys laid off 15 days after filing 485 also got approved). I could not do any thing because thier processing date is not past of my receipt date.

Jan 05 - the NSC processing date is 30 Aug 2002. Approached 2 senators and a congressman. they informed that NSC is processing Aug 02 cases and asked me to wait for 6 weeks.

Mar 05 - Choose to approach only one senator they reply from them is case with officer asked to wait for 4 weeks.

Apr 05- Once again contacted senator this time the answer from them is "our contact at NSC told that she doesnt under stand why the officer is not working on your case and she will inform the officer about congressional enquiry into the case"

Apr 05 - Got RFE after 3 days of senators enquiry.
Jul 01 Labor filed (EB-2).
Jun 02 Labor approved
Jul 02 I-140 filed
Aug 02 I-485 filed
Oct 02 I-140 Approved
Dec 02 Name check completed (confirmed by FBI and local INS)
Apr 04 2 FP
APr 05 RFE (EVL for self medical for spouse)
May 05 Approval for both ( one week after receiving the RFE reply)

I wish all the old timers get approved.

Congratulations Wait_4_ever, I am happy for you.

I just contacted my congressman and was told that my file is with an officer and the lady at congressman asked me to contact her back in 30days if I don't hear from them.

Congrats and enjoy the freedom.