Aug 2001 case approved

Rupinder Singh

Registered Users (C)
Checked at 6:00 am today and both mw and my wife's cases were approved yesterday. The fingerprints were expiring today. Just filed for the third EAD and the Advance Parole yesterday.

After getting sick of all attempts I finally wrote a letter to the BCIS VSC Director. And then my attroney Faxed a request to expedite on Wednesday. I dont know if any of these was useful.

Update

Just got a call from the attorney's office. They received a phone call from BCIS Vermont last night saying the case was approved. This was in response to the request to expedite the case. So it di work.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Could you please post details about your RFEs and also let us know when you mailed BCIS director.
Could you please tell us the reason you gave to expedite the process.

Thanks.

Congrats

Feel happy for you but pathetic for BCIS. They have successfully accumulated backlogs of 485 from 0.8 to 1.2 mil during last 10 months.

They are still approve I-485 in a rate lower than new applications - accumulating more backlogs.

Enjoy your new life as a wannabe American.

My RFE was for medicals. I just completed the medicals and sent them back. Then I got another RFE asking for the originals of the medicals. The ones I had send were originals but the IIO decided that they were photocopies since they were signed in black. So I had the doctor give me new forms with color signatures and sent them back.

I wrote to the BCIS director a month ago and got no response. Then I wrote again last week.

As for the request to expedite my attorney wanted me to give her a reason. I asked tols her that the reason that the case has been held up for two years should be enough. That is what she put down.

Originally posted by Rupinder Singh
My RFE was for medicals. I just completed the medicals and sent them back. Then I got another RFE asking for the originals of the medicals. The ones I had send were originals but the IIO decided that they were photocopies since they were signed in black. So I had the doctor give me new forms with color signatures and sent them back.

I wrote to the BCIS director a month ago and got no response. Then I wrote again last week.

As for the request to expedite my attorney wanted me to give her a reason. I asked tols her that the reason that the case has been held up for two years should be enough. That is what she put down.

Thanks. I appreciate your prompt response.

Goodluck!!!