Aug 2001 - Approved

Charlotte stamping experience

Charlotte office address has been changed since 8 months back. The one in the notice is incorrect. I cannot believe they have not updated since they moved.
Anyway, I went on Thursday(11/21/03). They mailed on 11/19/03 even though they approved the case on 11/13.

I got there at 6:00 AM. I saw 20 people before me. It was a cold day though. If you are going in the winter, get yourself geared up. At 7:10, a security official called for the people who had appt(??)

There were 30 appointments before me. So, I was 50th person. But officers there are working extremely fast. My turn came at 8:30 AM. I was asked to give the passport with I-94 and the letter.

There is another form that he filled out and asked us to sign and got a index finger impression and asked us to stay for a while before they do security clearance. Once it was done, the passports were stamped and told us that the physical card would come after 15 months.

We told him that we brought the advance parole and EAD with us
.(He did not ask the documents) He got it and put it on our file and said congratulations.

We thanked him and got out of the door at 9:10 AM. It was a pleasant experience with INS after a long time.

I wish all to have speedy approvals.

My details
PD 12/99
RD 7/01
ND 8/01
FP 1/03
AP 11/03