AUG 09 update at USCIS

Interesting. From what we see here in the forum, one would expect to see I-140 EB3 somewhat further ahead. So many March 04 were recently approved. Also, for I-145 It seemed they were well into October 2002, but official date is July 2002. Still, it seems that they are moving ahead and doing some real work. Can't avoid wondering what exactly were they doing six months ago when it all seemed to be hopelessly stuck.

Interesting date

If you look at the I-129, extension stay in US, the current processing time is Aug. 28, 2004.

gaia said:
Interesting. From what we see here in the forum, one would expect to see I-140 EB3 somewhat further ahead. So many March 04 were recently approved. Also, for I-145 It seemed they were well into October 2002, but official date is July 2002. Still, it seems that they are moving ahead and doing some real work. Can't avoid wondering what exactly were they doing six months ago when it all seemed to be hopelessly stuck.
They are moving fast because of changes in I-130 processing ....

Is it appropriate to claim that they are processing Feb 2004 cases when 50% of the cases filed in 2003 are still pending? Do these dates mean anything?

hrithikroshan11 said:
Is it appropriate to claim that they are processing Feb 2004 cases when 50% of the cases filed in 2003 are still pending? Do these dates mean anything?
Well the Feb 2004 date only applies to EB3 cases. They are not claiming that date for all cases. If your case is from 2003 and is pending:
1. Find out from your company / lawyer / application the category in which you have applied for.
2. Get the date for your category.
3. if you ND is more than 30 days earlier then current date, open a inquiry at VSC.

Best of Luck.

I filed in Jan,04 but no update.
Is there any REF for my case if it is not updated/no news or is it usual?

EB3 skilled worker

Guys,

I am in EB3 category with RD Oct 24, 2003 I opened a query on July 26, 2004 and they mentioned that they will find something within 30 days.... no news as of now... lets see how long these guys take to approve a case.....

The current processing date for the similar case is Feb 2004.... GREAT going INS..... :-(

EB3 filed in December 2003. Now they are processing Feb 28, 2004. Can we individually open an inquiry with VSC? I heard that only the company may inquire about 140 if it is pending more than 30 days past the current processing date.

hrithikroshan....
You can call and let them know about your case and initiate a query by yourself, I did it by myself without any assistance from my company or attorney!

How do I initiate the inquiry? What information do they ask for? What is the best time to call them? One of my friends called and he was told that only company can call to initiate query?

Call them at:
National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283

They will ask for your name, receipt number, A# (if any), address!!

Good luck,
A

antropeter said:
hrithikroshan....
You can call and let them know about your case and initiate a query by yourself, I did it by myself without any assistance from my company or attorney!

Not true. If you say your are the beneficiary/employee and not the petitioner/employer they will not help you.

Remember, I-140 is your employer's petition so only they can follow-up on it.

:) :) thats interesting!!

She asked me whether I am the petitioner... and I said YES .... :) I believe the query is initiated... :-?

hrithikroshan11 said:
How do I initiate the inquiry? What information do they ask for? What is the best time to call them? One of my friends called and he was told that only company can call to initiate query?
Ask your lawyer to open the inquiry for you. you should be doing this ASAP and this is what USCIS also recommends if your case is more than 30 days beyond the current JIT.

What time do they ask whether you are petitioner or employee? Is it through automated voice mail or do they specifically ask this question?