Aug 01 RFE tracker

grcd2001

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

Let us start tracking approvals for Aug 01 cases.

RD 8/2001
ND 9/2001
RFE 12/2002
RFE recd by INS 6/12
AD ???

RD 8/6/2001

RFE 2/4/2003

can someone pls tell me whether the RFE is sent to individual's home or to lawyer?

The RFE letter usually goes only to the lawyer.
RD : 08/17/2001
ND : 09/17/2001
FP : 05/15/2002
RFE : 12/18/2002
RFE response received by INS : 01/15/2003

Thanks for starting the thread on Aug'01 RD RFE cases!

RD: 8/10/2001
ND: 9/19/2001
RFE: 10/16/2002
RFE response recieved by INS: 11/21/2002
Waiting for Approval.

Called 'ayyayyo' last week. Says my case is with an officer.

Guys, any opinions on if the INS is approving in the order of RDs or in the order of RFE response reciept date !!!!

:confused:

RD: 08/15/01
ND: 09/24/01
RFE: 12/18/02
RFE RECEIVED DT:01/03/03

Waiting for the approval. I think they approvals are coming in the order of RFE response received date, I could be wrong.

Good luck folks.

Guys, hope you don't mind me piggy backing on your thread. I have a July RD, but I am sure I must be one of the last ones left for July.

RD: 07/2001
ND: 09/2001
FP: 01/2002
RFE: 09/2002
RFE Reply & Received: 11/02
AD: ????????? :( :( :( :confused: :eek: :eek:

Keep the thread alive....

I don't think the approval is coming in the order of RD or RFe received dates. It depends on the officer who handle the files and his work load.

Whatever, it doesn't really matter as long as we get our approvals....Keep this thread live guys.

All Aug'01 RD's, please log here....

One more Aug case

RD : 8/21/01
ND : 9/21/01
RFE : 12/04/02
RFE response Received by INS : 12/19/02

Called IIO on 1/23/03 and said the case was assigned back to the officer on 1/21/03. She had no estimate of process time.

sk446

My attorney received the RFE. I actually did not receive any copy from INS.

I think if you signed (a representation document) your attorney to represent your case and communicate on your behalf, INS communicates only through the attorney.

RD 8/24/2001
ND 9/25/2001
FP 3/27/2001
RFE 10/2001 (Employment verification & birth affidavits)
RFE received by NSC 12/3/2001

Called IIO 1/24/2003 and was told to wait for couple more months although case was assigned to IIO sometime in Dec!

RD Aug/01/2001
ND Sep/14/2001

No RFE
No Approval

Talked to IIO last friday, she said my case assigned to officer on Dec/05/2002. Still no approval yet.

One thing I have noticed with the recent approvals that most of these cases are Finger printed between feb to April 02. Probably INS should be looking into the cases keeping in mind that the FP do not expire as it might increase their workload or increase the process time.

Any thoughts differently ?????

grcd2001

grcd2001, I am not sure! My fp was done in Dec 2001!

In any case, I just talked to an IIO and She said my case is 'Pending' with an officer. No decision has been made yet and it might take another 45 days!!

zero,

Take a look at today's approval, most of them were fingerprinted during feb to april 2002. Even an Oct case is approved with FP during Dec 2001. Yours with FP done in dec and the rfe is already received by INS, the approval should come in anytimefor your. I don't think it should take 45 days and anytime it may happen from now on.

Good luck

IMPT: Rfe Response..

does this have to be sent by US Mail,or have you all sent by some other courier service,like UPS,FedEx???
You're reply appreciated,as this is very impt..I will have to resend my RFE response,as INS has still not recvd it,and my time is running out for the last date of RFE

Thanks folks
Cheers
JAck

Jack,

It is always better to send it by fedex. It is reliable and easy to track.

Don't panic! Prepare the documents again. I hope you have a copy of INS request letter. Enclose a copy of it and do a 'next day delivery' through FedEx.

Good Luck!

thanks bud..but I have questions abt

the "red-stripe" envelope...DO we enclose this inside the FedEx,and in which case does it get opened/assigned correctly??
As I spoke to the IIO,and he said unless they see a "Red-stripe" envelope,they keep it with other mail in the mailroom,which takes 6-8 weeks to clear.

so if we place this red-stripe envelope inside a FedEx envelope,how does that work??
I 'd love to send via Fedex or similar,but am worried..I am really freaking out here..
THanks man
Jack

Jack, I had a similar situation where my rfe had not reached INS.
I spoke to an IIO regarding this, I told her that I had sent it but it hasnt reached them yet. I was told to resend my rfe docs by FED EX and since I was resending my documents for the second time, the IIO told me that its ok to send by FED EX.
But fortunately I didnt have to do all these things since my RFE that I sent for the first time with USPS reached INS well before the deadline.
My suggestion - call IIO and ask them what to do in such situation and act accordingly. Everything will turn out good and do not worry.